Car alarm randomly going off

Hello all,

I have a 55 plate Octavia L&K.

Just this evening the alarm has been going off randomly.

I have locked it using the key instead of the fob but still seems to go off.

Could anyone provide a fix for this ? Got some kids who could be kept up tonight........

Edited by sigur

Me, too. Last night I had to get up 4 times to stop the alarm. Today I had no problems until this evening where it went off 14 times in the hour when we had food. It's been OK since.

I haven't tried locking with the key, but I'm taking the handbook to read in bed tonight.

It's a real pain that you can unlock the car from upstairs by the remote, but it locks itself again and resets the alarm.

I hate modern cars. I don't think it's just the Skoda. Far too complicated.

I'm exhausted, SWMBO has a swollen foot after a fall. This is all we need.

It might well be the boot (it's an estate). The last thing the main agents looked at was the tailgate, which randomly would not unlock. When it went in, they couldn't make it misbehave, so they cleaned and checked the mechanism.

I've been carrying lots of things in the boot so it was opened and closed many times between the first spate of alarms and the second the next day.

Last night it went all night without the alarm going off, and today has been fine. Trying to make sense of the handbook was unsuccessful but good. It sent me off into a really good night's sleep.

Me, too. Last night I had to get up 4 times to stop the alarm. Today I had no problems until this evening where it went off 14 times in the hour when we had food. It's been OK since.

I haven't tried locking with the key, but I'm taking the handbook to read in bed tonight.

It's a real pain that you can unlock the car from upstairs by the remote, but it locks itself again and resets the alarm.

I hate modern cars. I don't think it's just the Skoda. Far too complicated.

I'm exhausted, SWMBO has a swollen foot after a fall. This is all we need.

If you press the lock button twice on the key remote it will lock the car then de activate the alarm. I have to do this whenever I get on a ferry, otherwise it goes off for the entire crossing! I know this doesn't fix your problem mechanically, but at least it will allow you some sleep before you get it sorted. Hope this helps.

Edited by woodyallen

If you press the lock button twice on the key remote it will lock the car then de activate the alarm. I have to do this whenever I get on a ferry, otherwise it goes off for the entire crossing! I know this doesn't fix your problem mechanically, but at least it will allow you some sleep before you get it sorted. Hope this helps.

It doesnt de activate the alarm, it just turns interior monitoring and deadlocks off.

This happened on my 06 L&K estate (just after the warranty ran out...). Dealer had to replace the siren unit (Part no 1K0951605C), total cost £228.