Headlight Washers Stopped Working

Just managed to properly check this out and the washers for the front headlights have stopped working. I know they are supposed to wash every 5th wash but they are not currently working at all.

With this being a company car I don’t want to spend too much time searching under it but then again I don’t what to take it in for something stupid.

Can anyone give me an idea on what to check, yes with the water reaching the main screen its has water in the tank…

Just managed to properly check this out and the washers for the front headlights have stopped working. I know they are supposed to wash every 5th wash but they are not currently working at all.

With this being a company car I don’t want to spend too much time searching under it but then again I don’t what to take it in for something stupid.

Can anyone give me an idea on what to check, yes with the water reaching the main screen its has water in the tank…

There's a fuse driver's side of dashboard that you could check.

Should be fuse box diagram in your handbook

Edited by Monkeyboyo

They work on sidelights as well.

no they don't!!

the headlight washers only work when the low and/or high beam is switched on.

correct - fuse #36 (20amp) is for the "headlight cleaning system".

Edited by JR RS

Just been out an checked mine, and yes, mine work on sidelights alone.

Not according to the manual:

Headlight cleaning system*

The headlights are cleaned after the windscreen has been sprayed

for the fifth time, the low beam or main beam are switched on and the

windscreen wiper lever was held in the position page 75, fig. 55 for

about 1 second.

Just been out an checked mine, and yes, mine work on sidelights alone.

They don't work at all whilst on Scandinavian DRL's, but do whether light switch is in side or head position.

Mike

well then something has been altered on urs - that's not right.

as silver1011 mentioned, it clearly states in the manual that it only operates with low/high beam on.

think about it - why should the headlight washers work if the low beam is not switched on?

it's a waste of water & pointless.

if u say it works with just the sidelights on, then wats the difference between that and the headlights (low/high) off?!?!?

may as well work regardless of lights on or off!!!!

unless there is something different between the elegance & vrs models???

Thanks for all of the responces, bang on the money. Fuse 36 20A blown.

Just to tie up some of the details I have a Vrs with the auto lights and Xenon's together with the LED DLR's so to be honest the sidelights never get used (the switch very rarely gets moved from 'Auto') but once the fuse has been replaced I'll try to remember and check sidelights.

My 08 plate Elegance combi washes when the sidelights are on.

My 58 plate Elegance did the same. I could never work out why it was happening with only sidelights on, but never pursued it any further as it wasn't worth the effort. My 60 plate CR Elegance, however, only washes when the headlights are on (much more sensible)