we buy any car

vrs29

When I was getting rid of my Elegance they'd only been up and running about a year (3 years ago?) they offered me just under Parkers trade in value... Thought that was quite fair at the time because it meant you'd be able to buy private but get part ex..kinda.

Seems they've decided they were being to generous on their quotes though, by the sounds of it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their come back will be the same as all the 'cash 4 gold' sites - They offer a service that is different & you have a choice whether to accept it or not.

These sites should all be subtitled ' For the desparate only ' or ' Mugs only need use our service ' emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

I remember as a laugh id see how much my old astra was on that site...considering it was an m reg with 130k on the clock but bodywork wasnt atall rusty...i got quoted £60 before admin fees! ended up selling it for £275 on ebay :thumbup:

Exactly! Glad you posted this, as was about to do the same.

Its a called a business. They are going to try and make money. If people want to use their service, they pay the price. If they dont, they wont :)

x2

It is a bit of a scam really - if you fully declare all of the absolute tiniest marks and deficiencies, and they still haggle you down on the price offered on the website. They know you have gathered your documents and committed to selling to them and will probably accept less as otherwise it means you going back home with no money and having to sell it yourself.

I dont know from experience, but im quite sure if you declaire your car exactly how it sits, and they offer you a price for it, they must complete their part of the deal and pay up what they offered?? Yes im very sure the car will be fully inspected before they pay you, and rightly so, they offered you a price on the codition its in the condition you said its in?? And to me it makes sence that if the car has a dirty big key mark up it they arent going to offer you the money they said they would??? Its like you seeing a car and offering them the full asking price over the phone, turning up and realising the car isnt how the person advertised it, you had a verbal agreement to buy the car under the conditions it was advertised, and if its not up to those conditions you would be stupid not to haggle on the price.

I got a quote on my old Polo G40 - £50 - bite me - sold it private for £2200!

They are a buisness not a charity, obviously they asses every car`s resale ability, and if they think you car is going to be hard to shift then why would they offer alot of money for it?? Any worder really as this the kind of car you cant put a valuation on, its only worth what someone willing to pay for it, and its understandable a buisness is going to see this risk and offer accordingly. Its a computer that assesses your information at the end of the day.

Anyone who thinks this is a scam is a bit dim. They offer you a price, you either take it or refuse. Your not forced, or duped into selling it, they don't steal your keys, it's YOUR choice. It's not a scam, it's a business.

Matt

someone with sense lol..

Oh, better sell my car for 4k less than its worth because someone sends me a few mails, junk mail filter, sorted.

Took the words from my mouth, They dont force you to even read the emails? You can hardly say emailing you saved message is hardly puting on pressure imo..

I suppose it depends on what your view of a scam is. If we take the perspective it's okay because a price is agreed on and there's no forcing or duping, then perhaps the salesmen who go visit old people and be their "friends" then sell them something like a £2000 bed, aren't all that bad, because they aren't grabbing their purse/wallet and a price is agreed on, and well if the old person wants to spend their savings on an overpriced bed good on them.

To me WBAC is akin to going to Tescos, adding up all the prices on the shelf for your shopping, going to the till to have them say "actually your shopping is £10 more because we've decided these items are worth a bit more than the price we told you - do you still want your shopping?"

Someone who goes into old peopls homes to be their "friend" while really they want to sell them someing is hardly anyway the same. That is targeting a vunerable market, webuyanycar is a wellknown online buisness, you fill in the form, you see the price, you have time to consider the price, and you ultimately choose weather you want to sell it for the agreed price. How you can compare this to someone targeting vunerable OAP`s as they see them as for exactly what they are, weak and vunerable!!

This company were actively criticised by "Which" - the Consumers Association - when they ran a test on used car sales sites. Their advice was something akin to "don't touch them with a bargepole".

I agree that if you're desperate, you can take whatever money is offered and your car is gone. As they say, "business is business", but,as "Which" says, there are businesses and then there are businesses...

I agreed that selling a car to webuyanycar is not at all financialy wise, but really do you expect it to be?? Look at it like this.. I could bother to sell my car myself, or look theirs a company which will buy my car just like that. Why would i sell my car privately when they will buy it hassel free???? Surely its obvious that they will offer you a very poor price for you car, as i already said they are a buisness not a charity!!!

Sorry for my rant lol.. All is IMO!!

I got a quote off them last year when I was getting rid of my vRS. For a mint condition SE they were prepared to offer £6500 (before admin fees and haggling you down once you get there). For comparison my local Mazda dealer offered my £6,500 in part ex, and the place I actually got my new car only gave me £6,000 (but a much better deal overall). It depends on what you want. I reckon that it may be one of the best ways to get a good deal on a new car. If you sell them your old car and trawl the internet for the best price on a new one you will get a better deal than having a part exchange. On the other hand if you love that hassle associated with selling your car privately, nobody's stopping you....

They do list Ariel as one of the makes so I pondered asking them how much they'd give me for my Atom - but I don't want the "junk mail" follow-up!

They do list Ariel as one of the makes so I pondered asking them how much they'd give me for my Atom - but I don't want the "junk mail" follow-up!

just been doing abit of research into your atom 2 would you mind posting a couple of pics up, sounds very impressive :yes:

not planning on selling it anway im intending to keep tuneing it and if it gets to the point that its hard to drive as a day to day car i will get a 2nd car

Guys, remember that they will buy ANY car, and that's the point of it.. They will buy any car of any age in any condition.

There is a place in the market for companies like this, do not expect Parkers list price (or anything near it), but they will buy ANY car.

I have personally offloaded a fooked Mk3 Mondeo 2.5v6 to them - big end bearing went. Looked at all the options for the car, and WBAC were offering a very attractive price as it was. So I listed it on ebay with starting price exactly as what WBAC offered (good starting point), with one of the pictures the screenshot of the quote. Still had muppets messaging me via ebayoffering half of what WBAC offered!? I was happy with the service I got from WBAC, and the price offered - he did not negotiate a penny off me because I was completely honest about the condition of the vehicle on the quote screens.

So I'm sorry, I cannot agree with all the bad press - I personally had a very good experience from them in exceptional circumstances. If you don't like the price offered for your car, walk away - you are not obliged to take their offer.

Guys, remember that they will buy ANY car, and that's the point of it.. They will buy any car of any age in any condition.

There is a place in the market for companies like this, do not expect Parkers list price (or anything near it), but they will buy ANY car.

I have personally offloaded a fooked Mk3 Mondeo 2.5v6 to them - big end bearing went. Looked at all the options for the car, and WBAC were offering a very attractive price as it was. So I listed it on ebay with starting price exactly as what WBAC offered (good starting point), with one of the pictures the screenshot of the quote. Still had muppets messaging me via ebayoffering half of what WBAC offered!? I was happy with the service I got from WBAC, and the price offered - he did not negotiate a penny off me because I was completely honest about the condition of the vehicle on the quote screens.

So I'm sorry, I cannot agree with all the bad press - I personally had a very good experience from them in exceptional circumstances. If you don't like the price offered for your car, walk away - you are not obliged to take their offer.

How much did they give you for it? :)

My Brother was a Vauxhall salesman for his sins and was offered a job with We Buy Any Car, he went to a induction day and it was there that he became very shocked. He said we all know car dealers are out to make money thats the whole point but the stance of this company is to take advantage of the old and less educated he was told to inspect a vehicle then start taking down the offer given on the quote no matter how accurate it was.

He was told if the car is say £2000 you need to get it down to a offer of £700 not including the £49.99 admin fee, he was also told that he was to put pressure on the seller and make them feel that they have no other option. Whilst its ok to make money its not ok to hassle people even after they have said NO to the offer. I had a neighbour who has now passed away from a battle with cancer, he asked me to help him put his car on for a quote privatley the car could have sold for £900 to £1000 they came back with £100 not including the £49.99 admin fee.

so £50.01 for his car even a salvage company give out £100 or more what a joke. Then they hassled a dying man with calls and emails and even after his death back in June 2010 because they could not contact him they started writing to his address.

Dont touch them its ok if you want to get rid of a car and dont care how little money you will get but I would still contact a car salvage dealer first

They just offered £4830 for my 55 plate, one owner, 46k mile, Excellent condition Fabia vRS.

That's not bad to be fair for a hassle free sale. No idea how much they would knock off when they actually inspected it though.

I guess these places have their uses, but if you have a car in good condition and you can take the time to sell it you'd be daft to use them.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Katie here from webuyanycar.com

I just wanted to take some time to address the issues posted above.

Firstly I'd like to highlight that no one is under any obligation to sell to us. Our customers are free to get a valuation, organise an appointment and receive a offer from us and walk away.

Secondly in terms of rewarding our staff we only give bonuses based on the accuracy of the valuations, as well as feedback we receive from customers - rewarding our staff for great customer service.

Finally 'Hobbo' this is a very serious matter if you could contact us regarding the branch then please email [email protected] and provide us with feedback on how we can improve.

Katie

Social Media Manager at webuyanycar.com

Secondly in terms of rewarding our staff we only give bonuses based on the accuracy of the valuations, as well as feedback we receive from customers - rewarding our staff for great customer service.

Accuracy meaning a figure far lower than the valuation on the website.

Your adverts on Dave are annoying, can you change them please :D

Actually I don't mind the newer adds with car noises. It's much better than the old one or that annoying opera signing insurance add.

Have you seen this story: They buy any car (for less) dot com - Money Saving Expert

Also Here

Edited by Jim H