possible turbo problems>>>please advise

hi all

ive had my mk1 occy vrs for about 6 months now and ever since i bought the car it has hesitated on full throttle.

this fault is REALLY annoying me now (because i cant find it).

i have heard that sticking turbo vanes can be at fault.

please advise....cos im at a loss lol

cheers

jamie

I had this on mine and I found it was a big split in a breather pipe under in inlet manifold behind where the dipstick is, it's worth checking all the little rubber pipes around there.

+1!

I've had mine about the same time and had similar symptoms.

I found two split breather hoses, the Y shaped one to the cylinder head and the one under the inlet manifold.

Also replaced the spark plugs recently and it pulls nicer now... I don't have much faith in long life spark plugs and prefer to swap them at least every two years.

hi all

ive had my mk1 occy vrs for about 6 months now and ever since i bought the car it has hesitated on full throttle.

this fault is REALLY annoying me now (because i cant find it).

i have heard that sticking turbo vanes can be at fault.

please advise....cos im at a loss lol

cheers

jamie

Hi Jamie

The sticking turbo vane issue is found on the diesel engined cars like the MK1 fabia vrs.

After you have checked all the hoses, it might be a good idea to get it scanned for fault codes.

Bill.

UPDATE>>>

i have just finished checking all the breather hoses on my engine. i havent found any split pipes but i did find several pipes that were blocked solid and one that was kinked.

i have only drove the car back from my garage, but it feels like a different car.. i hope it stays that way too.

thank you all once again for your help.

cheers

jamie