Rear Calipers? HELP PLEASE

Just did rear brakes and found out one Caliper is seized!!! where can I get a replacement?and how much? also will they come green? And does anyone know where I can get new wheel center caps??? Would like VRS black ones they where on ebay but can't find them anymore....

Just did rear brakes and found out one Caliper is seized!!! where can I get a replacement?and how much? also will they come green? And does anyone know where I can get new wheel center caps??? Would like VRS black ones they where on ebay but can't find them anymore....

I got mine from http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ i managed to get one green. :yes: :thumbup:

I got mine from http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ i managed to get one green. :yes: :thumbup:

Me too. Got mine from them about 1.5yrs ago.

You can get them in blue, red, green or silver.

Here's all the info I found out at the time: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/135753-rear-caliper-refurb/page__p__1699903__fromsearch__1entry1699903

check out group buy - pastyboy badge replacement

he can do you wheel centre caps in various designs

I still find this a little odd, mine has been sticking on recently. I have been to 3 local skoda dealers and they have all near enough said the same thing.

They looked through their records as they thought it odd i was asking for a caliper, the

1st one said " we have never ordered or replaced one before"

2nd one said " we have only ever ordered 2 in the last 5 years, why do you think you need it"

3rd one said " in the last 6 years ive never replaced one, all we do is take it off, clean it up possibly replace seals and put it back, very rarely do they go wrong"

Now im not for one minute a mechanic and im not saying yours isnt seized, all im saying is double check.

I have taken mine of, greased the runners and copper eazed the normal places and it appears to have stopped sticking.

I know it was sticking cos on lifting the clutch the back end would drop down and be a pain when trying to pull off from stationary.

Hope this is of some help.

I still find this a little odd, mine has been sticking on recently. I have been to 3 local skoda dealers and they have all near enough said the same thing.

They looked through their records as they thought it odd i was asking for a caliper, the

1st one said " we have never ordered or replaced one before"

2nd one said " we have only ever ordered 2 in the last 5 years, why do you think you need it"

3rd one said " in the last 6 years ive never replaced one, all we do is take it off, clean it up possibly replace seals and put it back, very rarely do they go wrong"

Now im not for one minute a mechanic and im not saying yours isnt seized, all im saying is double check.

I have taken mine of, greased the runners and copper eazed the normal places and it appears to have stopped sticking.

I know it was sticking cos on lifting the clutch the back end would drop down and be a pain when trying to pull off from stationary.

Hope this is of some help.

Mine is the oposite just won't brake at all they replace discs and pads and the caliper took a long bar to wind back in and now I have no hand brake on that side and no brake!! went for run and got out right side was warm other was clap cold??? I just bought one from the STEELERS £165 all in and they told me it is a common fault as are ALL wind back calipers?? Either that or they just wanted to make a fortune from me! Either way it needed to be done and I won't cut corners with the brakes running 360 bhp so I really need em!!!!!

Has anyone done a seal kit on one? If so how hard is it? cheers

Fair enough. I wouldn't want to be taking the risk either.

Just don't like seeing people spend money when they don't have to (see i avoided typing the word unnessesary as i cant spell it!!)

My nearside rear partially siezed. Couldn't shift it first time I took the pads out.

So I gave it a good drink of brake cleaner and WD40 and put it back together for a few days.

Took it apart again, and couldn'y shift it with the propper tool. When I say propper it was one of those box jobs from a motor spares shop.

This is the point where some of you may wat to stop reading... lol

I decided it was knackered.. so I had nothing to loose as I was going to have to replace it.

So after another job lot of WD40 I rolled the seal back, gripped the caliper with a set of gas pliers, (with some cloth to try to avoid burring the metal) and gently worked the piston in and out until I achieved a fair amount of travel. It was stiff as hell to start with, but did become easier as I worked it. Then put it all back together, pumped the brake, worked the handbrake etc etc, and it seems ok, This was about 3 months ago.

I still find myself checking to see if the car rolls on slight inclines, to make sure it's ok, and even tested it on one or two handbrake turns in the recent snow and ice.

Seems ok for now, but I figure at some point I may have to replace it, but only time will tell.

Edited by SP-1