Positioning of LCD display on Parrot CK3100 bluetooth kit

Having a Parrot CK3100 fitted in my Octavia II this week, had one in my previous car and very happy with it.

I'm not sure wether I like the normal position of choice, which is between the two centre air vents and just above the stereo.

Any tips/advice on where to put it instead?

I've seen somewhere someone has put it into the ashtray, I realise it would hamper using it, but I wouldn't mind as I use the voice commands mostly, but I wonder if the installer would be happy putting it there.

Any ideas/photos?

post-67269-12946831812171_thumb.jpg

I positioned my parrot when i had one at the bottom left of the cluster, so about 5 inches and slightly lower than the centre vents.

I could see the display through the steering wheel.

I've positioned my screen, albeit a MKi9200 inside the ashtray compartment.

I removed the ashtray body then mounted the screen using sticky pads and short length of thing metal strip.

The ashtray flap closes to hide the installation and I open it to view the screen.

The cables from the installation come down from the stereo, along with the blue box, hidden behind the climate control panel, then come up into the ashtray compartment.

Much more tidy that mounting it on the dash somewhere. Also one less thing to grab the eye of any would be thief

I would take photos............ but it is raining outside :)

I've positioned my screen, albeit a MKi9200 inside the ashtray compartment.

I removed the ashtray body then mounted the screen using sticky pads and short length of thing metal strip.

The ashtray flap closes to hide the installation and I open it to view the screen.

The cables from the installation come down from the stereo, along with the blue box, hidden behind the climate control panel, then come up into the ashtray compartment.

Much more tidy that mounting it on the dash somewhere. Also one less thing to grab the eye of any would be thief

I would take photos............ but it is raining outside :)

Would love to see some photos when it stops raining!

Would love to see some photos when it stops raining!

Now you see it..................

photo.jpg

Now you dont!

photo2.jpg

The remote is mounted here......

photo1.jpg

Obviously with the older model the control is on the screen, but with some careful mounting it should all go in easy!

Suddenly I realise from the photos I need to vacuum!

Now you see it..................

photo.jpg

Now you dont!

photo2.jpg

The remote is mounted here......

photo1.jpg

Obviously with the older model the control is on the screen, but with some careful mounting it should all go in easy!

Suddenly I realise from the photos I need to vacuum!

Thanks for the photos, much appreciated!

Thanks for all the pictures and comments, after I saw your pictures miniman 7, I decided that this was the way to go.

Of course it does make things a little akward, but it just keeps things neat and tidy

P1010530.jpg

P1010532.jpg