Brakes drumming and vibrating

I rather foolishly left my car standing for a month with the handbrake on and as a result the pads rusted on to the discs. They have broken free but now there is a very noticeable vibration and drumming once per revolution every time I apply the brakes.

Should I:

a.) drive gently until the rust wears away

b.) take it out for a high speed run and wear the brakes down quickly (would love an excuse to do this)

c.) take the wheels off and clean the discs (with a wire brush?)

This sounds very much like the issue I've had, but didn't describe as well as you !

See the responses I got here - briskoda.net/forums/topic/186168-worrying-noises-on-drive-to-work/

I am back to being convinced my discs are damaged in some way. I tried the hard braking route on the way home last night, any improvement was temporary, same feeling again today.

My car was used regulary in the snow, with it's winter tyres on, but it was left sitting for a few days after a wash last week (it was very cold & icy). It did need a fair shove to break it free on the first day back to work.

Interested to see what responses you get & hopefully we both get a result !

This sounds very much like the issue I've had, but didn't describe as well as you !

See the responses I got here - briskoda.net/forums/topic/186168-worrying-noises-on-drive-to-work/

I am back to being convinced my discs are damaged in some way. I tried the hard braking route on the way home last night, any improvement was temporary, same feeling again today.

My car was used regulary in the snow, with it's winter tyres on, but it was left sitting for a few days after a wash last week (it was very cold & icy). It did need a fair shove to break it free on the first day back to work.

Interested to see what responses you get & hopefully we both get a result !

Well I have driven some more and the vibration has reduced quite a lot but still feeling like there is a wobbly wheel on the car when braking. I am going to take the wheels off and have a good look, let you know what I find.