Getting a comfortable driving position in the Superb

2slo

I am almost the same build as you (5'8" medium-ish build 30" inside leg) and I can honestly say that my Superb is one if not the most comfortable cars I have driven (for me) I had major back surgery 3 years ago and still suffer with a torn disc, yet with the correct lumbar adjustment (and TBH anything other than full electric adjustment is pretty useless - for me) I can do 5hrs + driving without a break.

If you have tried the full adjustments and are still having no luck then try a leather Recaro orthopaedic seat, granted they are NOT cheap but they will probably cost you less than half of what you would loose in depreciation on a 2 month old car.

I will try that, thanks for the recommendation. I had no problems during the test drive and short trips are fine but after an hour or so I start to fidget and then get soreness and numbness in my right leg. I can manage with the firm seat base and back (I've had an Octavia previously too) but I find the bolsters just too restricting and intrusive. Maybe I'm just the wrong shape or maybe I'm not as svelte as I thought I was either, but it's the only thing stopping me otherwise enjoying my driving. So, it's either sort it, live with it or - last resort - try something else

Due for 30k service next week and in all those miles can't find the correct adjustment for me to be comfortable.

5ft 11 medium build.

The pedals are just too far back for me I'm afraid. It's a dsg so would like to sit back and enjoy the drive, but steering wheel won't pull back enough to compensate

Lord knows I've tried, but failed.

Still in love with the beast though!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ib0pvr

Due for 30k service next week and in all those miles can't find the correct adjustment for me to be comfortable.

5ft 11 medium build.

The pedals are just too far back for me I'm afraid. It's a dsg so would like to sit back and enjoy the drive, but steering wheel won't pull back enough to compensate

Lord knows I've tried, but failed.

Still in love with the beast though!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ib0pvr

yip thats me!!5 11 the wheel feels as far away as china.....after 3o mins i get a bad neck and it gettin right on me tits!!! only had car 2month and seriously thinking about getting rid.just wondering is this a problem with octavia vrs?

I had one early last year for a few months, and found it really comfy. So it seems it suits some and not others. On the other hand currently have an A3 and find it very uncomfortable, where my wife loves it.

I won't be sad to see the back of it when I get the new superb!

Still finding it impossible to get comfortable after another week of long miles. The seat is too hard and I'm evidently just the wrong shape too. Out of desperation and curiosity, I went to another another Skoda dealer who happened to have a 1.8T Scout available, which I thought I would try just for comparion and as a possible alternative to mine. I got on better with the seat, but was surprised how dynamically poor it felt compared to the Superb - harsher, fidgety ride, noisy and just not as pleasant to drive. I really wanted to like it, but was left disappointed and frustrated.

Interestingly, when I explained to the business manager my predicament, he smiled and said he had exactly the same problem and described the same issues I have had - he had chosen the cloth seats instead. Apparently, they are all a variant of Audi S Line seats and complaints are not uncommon regarding how hard they are.

I tried a few other vehicles late last week including a Subaru Legacy & a Outback (same interior). Had that for a short while and instantly got comfortable - flat, wide, softer seats and better pedal/wheel match, for me at least. Not perfect (what car is) but I have decided to get rid - taken a large hit financially and changed for a lower spec vehicle and I'm left with a set of barely used 16" alloy wheels and tyres: an expensive mistake and lesson learnt. But still a good car.

Edited by SIL4

5' 10" and 29 inch legs here...

Back of the seat to the floor, front of the seat to the roof.

Don't try and adjust the seat while you're sitting in it, as it will feel stupid, just step out, do it and then get back in.

It took me about a month to figure it out but it's the best for me, I had aching legs and back and seriously thought I was going to be in trouble for the next 3 years!!!

I know everyone is different but try it, you've got nothing to lose!

• 1 month later...

I perserved as best I could but just couldn't get it right, so I traded it in against an Outback. Not as good to drive but it has wide, flat seats, so the comfort is much improved - if not the bank balance. And I have a set of barely used 16" Spectrum alloys and tyres to sell on now - ebay here we come I guess...

I am on my second Superb a Greenline first now I have 170 Elegence , my left leg/knee gets very stiff after driving my car and leaves me with a limp at times so my wife and family have pointed out. I love my car and dont want to or cant afford to trade in.

I am putting up with my leg/knee nearly 2 years must get it checked out. I find my leg press's up against the center console I have tried all different positions but not with the back of the seat to the floor I will be too low down with seat like this. I am 5 7 with 30inch leg. Does anyone else suffer with their left leg ???

• 3 weeks later...

My left left used to rub too. it was excaerbated with it being a manual gearbox, constantly brushing against the centre console. A colleague has just received his new Golf and he complains about the same thing. The footwell and seat space in the Outback are much greater. The trade off for the increased comfort though is a less involving drive but it seems any car has its compromises.

• 9 years later...

Having recently purchased a 2016 Superb SE L Exec 190 Diesel Manual for commuting to replace by Mini Cooper S Clubman - i am having similar problems trying to get comfortable in the Superb, its a lovely car  full leather etc but I suffer lower back pain often in cars, something I never have in BMW's with Sports Seats nor the Mini. The Skoda though I just cannot get in a position which I feel comfortable. I'm 6'3" with long torso, I feel like I am sat too high up and too far away from the dash. If I sit closer my legs are bent too much , further back seems too far to engage 1, 3 and 5th gears. Really disappointing as on paper its the ideal car £20 a year road tax, 60 mpg on my commute, huge space, even has a towbar hidden away with 2 years warranty and only 13k mile on the clock - so much so after a week I am swapping back to my Mini with the dealer who has been amazing. I have never had to pull the steering wheel out in ANY previous car  but have on this, I had a Passat GT Saloon a few years back same engine but DSG and was fine with position in that - want to love the Skoda but just feel it doesn't fit me