internal light with lights on

Leefos

I just got my new Superb Estate S 140 DSG and am really pleased with it but at night there is a little light that comes on with the lights and points down at the gear stick area. It is a little distracting and I was womdering if it can be turned off? I can't find anything in the manual about it.

I just got my new Superb Estate S 140 DSG and am really pleased with it but at night there is a little light that comes on with the lights and points down at the gear stick area. It is a little distracting and I was womdering if it can be turned off? I can't find anything in the manual about it.

It is supposed to be there to provide a little ambient lighting, they are now white but used to be red which were better.

I don't think they can be turned off unless possible with VCDS. I do not find them distracting. They are covered on page 68 of the handbook.

I found them irritating and distracting at first but I have got used to them now, my old Octavia used to have red ambient lighting which was much nicer IMO.

Thanks Guys,

To be honest I didn't notice it round town, under lights, motorway etc but once I got out into the dark of the New Forest it became very obvious.

I'll try the various remedies suggested and see which works best for me.