Four wheel alignment

Had my vRS for 10 months now with me as sole driver, no off road driving, no bumps, no kerbs and yet found doing the four wheel alignment today that the toe-in on my rear wheels was all over the place. This has to have been delivered like that so my recommendation would to anyone with a new vRS would be to get this looked at asap before your tyres start getting worn down.

I was lucky, my tyres were ok but the handling wasn't good.

There are loads of threads on this subject.

I am currenlty in "negotiations" with skoda uk, which I think I will win as the person on the phone told me it was "a characteristic" of the tyre (road noise).

If I ever buy a skoda again (had mine 4 months) I will be getting them to do it on delivery so that they can foot the bill.

Thinking of having the same done when mine eventually arrives. (I suspect K-Line brought it over from Emden into either Sheerness or Grimsby yesterday, but no official word yet).

Is this issue common throughout the entire Octavia range, or is it more prevalent amongst the vRS fraternity?

Had my vRS for 10 months now with me as sole driver, no off road driving, no bumps, no kerbs and yet found doing the four wheel alignment today that the toe-in on my rear wheels was all over the place. This has to have been delivered like that so my recommendation would to anyone with a new vRS would be to get this looked at asap before your tyres start getting worn down.

I was lucky, my tyres were ok but the handling wasn't good.

Mine was exactly the same, mine was an ex demo so dont know how it was treated before i had it ( i suspect badly!). Have been worried recently about rear trye noise so managed to eventually get outside when it was light today ( go to work in the dark come home in the dark) and found that they are wearing evenly BUTthey have both allmost worn out, literally like sliks! Ordered some replacements today so will get them fitted next week.

Had my vRS for 10 months now with me as sole driver, no off road driving, no bumps, no kerbs and yet found doing the four wheel alignment today that the toe-in on my rear wheels was all over the place

It's not a rare occurance. We should have a sticky in this section, to cover uneven rear tyre wear/sawtooth problem etc.

Can't believe your car hasn't experienced any bumps or kerbs in 10 months though. Bumping up kerbs, even small potholes and speedbumps can all contribute to knocking suspension alignment out.

But yes, it certainly possible that it's been like that from new anyway!

TsVRS. Nice mpg on your VRS TSI.

I've been calculating mine recently brim to brim while doing several long journeys with trip confirming average 60mph. I'm getting 32.3 mpg (computer reads 36mpg). Long term trip for general mixed driving shows around 31mpg (read 28/29 in reality). Mentioned this to garage on recent visit to dealer pointing out that several posters on her with FL VRS TSI suggest they can get up to 40mpg on a run. Their answer was to run it gently down the motorway for 30 minutes with everything except the engine switched off and they apparently succeeded in hitting an indicated 40mpg. No fault recorded on VCDS so no problem apparently.

What sort of fuel are you using and do you ever fo over 60?

Cheers

TsVRS. Nice mpg on your VRS TSI.

I've been calculating mine recently brim to brim while doing several long journeys with trip confirming average 60mph. I'm getting 32.3 mpg (computer reads 36mpg). Long term trip for general mixed driving shows around 31mpg (read 28/29 in reality). Mentioned this to garage on recent visit to dealer pointing out that several posters on her with FL VRS TSI suggest they can get up to 40mpg on a run. Their answer was to run it gently down the motorway for 30 minutes with everything except the engine switched off and they apparently succeeded in hitting an indicated 40mpg. No fault recorded on VCDS so no problem apparently.

What sort of fuel are you using and do you ever fo over 60?

Cheers

I use BP Ultimate and frequently travel at 60 but I do also gun along at 80 at times too. I get up to 48mpg indicated on the display but the brim to brim measurement when averaged all out are as shown. I do 3 hour trips though and I think that is the clincher, when I look at the display it takes a long long time for the economy to to build up, even after one hour of driving it is still improving at a constant speed. I did one run during the world cup and there was nobody I mean nobody on the road so I had the cruise control on the whole way and I could just watch the mpg indicator go up and up.

In my experience cars are set up at the factory but settings tend to change over the first few thousand miles as the springs, bushes etc settle. Its not surprising really.

I had mine done after the first 3000 miles - it was out on front toe and rear toe and camber.

I then have alignment checked yearly and its not changed much since then (its two years old).