How The Hell Do You Get It In?

Hi,

I have a Kenwood mask stereo, which to be honest has quite a lot of wires coming out the back of it, the usual speaker/power wires but also about 4 pre-amp wires and DIN connections. Anyway, fitted the cage, pushed all the wires into the little kind of space just behind and below where the back of the stereo would be, slid the stereo in and nope, wasn't having any of it, nearly an inch of stereo sticking out before it will "click" into the cage. So does anyone have any good advice on what I can do with the wires or if there are any other areas the wires can go?? Cutting the pre-amp and din plugs isn't an option.

Thanks for any advice :)

Jon

Remove the glovebox, you can then get at the back of the stereo and reroute the wires so that they allow the unit to push back. Glovebox is only held in with about 5 screws.

• 2 weeks later...

Removing the vents above can give better access. Some people take a hacksaw to the plastic bit at the rear of the stereo which is what causes all the obstruction. It's all in the routing of the wires.

I took the glovebox off in the end, but even then I found it a struggle to get all the wires in, the Kenwood stereo I have, has like 4 RCA connectors, a couple of big DIN ones and another, getting it in was still a squeeze, but its in there, just.

:)

Jon