FL vRS geometry issues

Hello all,

I have done a bit of research on other threads and can't really find what im looking for in regards to symptoms.

Quite recently to keep the car in a straight line i am having to lean the steering wheel to the right - not hugely but so much so that it's noticeable and if you let go of the wheel the car immediately wants to veer off to the left.

Now I haven't done anything to warrent this happening i.e. hitting potholes, kerbs etc etc it has just sort of come about. I took it to have the alignment checked last week on a four wheel laser thingy and its was out minutely, they adjusted it and low and behold this hasn't sorted my problem :(

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere before but could I please ask some people who have experienced the same thing their opinions and if they have experienced similar symptoms.

Many thanks :thumbup:

thanks for the swift reply but there are no stability issues at high speed - just like i said the car is pulling to the left and sometimes when u accelerate hard it vibrates through the steering wheel

specifically check this post

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/187457-vrs-unstable-at-speed/page__view__findpost__p__2241192

(if you didn't already)

probably won't be an outright solution to your problem but might point you in the right direction for getting it resolved

Yeah I have had a read through that. My main point being I suppose that my car was brand new in May 2010 and the Octavias have been renowned for geometry issues I was hoping the dealer would be able to sort this under warranty??

The car is totally standard apart from the map so I haven't fiddled with anything

Assuming the geometry is correct then check..

1. Dragging brake (front or back - does one brake feel a lot hotter than the others after a run?).

2. Power steering defect - valve fault causing the steering to try to go one side. Also check the column is centered correctly in the rack (easy check - are there exactly the same number of turns each side of central to full lock - check in a large car park).

3. Are the caster angles the same each side (to within a degree) - iIRC shoulc be around 7 degrees.