torque steer on remapped furby?

mikejay

whats the torque steer like on a remapped furby? i get quite alot in my standard furby when booting it, so wont a remapped one be a bit much??

Are you running standard tyres?

What exactly do you mean by torque steer? Is that when the car tries to pull to one side when accelerating hard at low speeds? Cant really say I get it much, but then I do tend to drive quite smoothly in the vRS because it seems to prefer that style.

The standard tyres are poor. I've changed for Pirellis and they are so much better its just not funny.

Ever get that plough straight on feeling...lol

Understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

I had that one yesterday. Still cold after leaving woork and asked just that little bit too much from the tyres! Could do with a little bit more lift off oversteer in those situations! ;)

Ever get that plough straight on feeling...lol

Understeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Is it called that? I always wondered why them hedges got closer! :P

It is indeed a hair raising moment when you dont go the way you want (and have) to go!! Roundabouts are always fun for that!

I find I get it some times if the road has a few lumpy bits in it. It's worse with the Toyo Proxes than it was with the OEM Michelens.

Duncan, how do you find the handling when running on the Toyo proxes? I'm just about to change all 4 for the Toyo Proxes t1 r's (I think the R version is relacing the s). Been quoted

they seem to have a tendency to tug at the wheel and 'follow' imperfections in the road surface more' date=' not sure if that is the design of the tread pattern or something. Wouldn't go back to the michelens though, the toyos inspire more confidence in corners, just be careful that you don't ask a little bit too much of them as a result! (Speaking from experience!) :eek:[/quote']

Funny, I get that same "tugging" action since I put on the Pirellis. They too seem to inspire much more confidence than the standard car, and I can push it very hard through corners and they do grip surprisingly well for the weight of the car.

What was your "experience"?

Funny' date=' I get that same "tugging" action since I put on the Pirellis. They too seem to inspire much more confidence than the standard car, and I can push it very hard through corners and they do grip surprisingly well for the weight of the car.

What was your "experience"?[/quote']

Umm, forgetting that I couldn't go round a certain roundabout that I normally take at a certain speed, but in the wet and with 4 people in the car... sliddddddeeeee, clipped kerb, alloy refurb needed.....