Maxi-Dot in 2011 VRS

I have been waiting months and build date coming up week 8 14-20th Feb and I want to add maxidot will this mess me up on build time or can they just add it brochure caught me out a little it says

"‘vRS’ 3 spoke leather sports steering wheel

(multi-function controls for radio and paddle

shift - DSG only)"

and

Maxi-dot trip computer (DSG only)

Not reading it more carefully I didn't realise it was an option for manual too and it wasn't standard gurrrrr standard display is not what I want oops.

Hope this can be added since it hasn't started build date yet without doing something nuts like resetting it like they did when i asked to add the extra warranty I wasn't told about which was on order form as declined.

ps does anyone know if non maxi-dot has current MPG etc and the normal options on it??

Edited by FUBAR

I have been waiting months and build date coming up week 8 14-20th Feb and I want to add maxidot will this mess me up on build time or can they just add it brochure caught me out a little it says

i believe changing ur build order at this stage will send ur order to the back of the line!!

they delete the old order, and create a new one, this time with maxidot included - hence back of the line.

i wouldn't bother now, unless ur prepared to wait another 6 months!!!

specially being this close to the build date.

Same here, all the vRS models I test drove had maxidot and I thought it was standard. My order went in on 24/12 and I called my dealer early Jan asking for maxidot to be added (my build week was 5), he made some calls and got maxidot added to my order, he did emphasize that they may not accept the change but I am glad they did.

Worth a call perhaps ?

Just read the post above... the dealer did say that the 'norm' would be to re-order the car but as the VAT was going up it would cause problems so the only option was to place a call.

Edited by AjH_vRS

I added Maxidot to my order (due to the same confusion over manual standard spec) a few weeks in and still got my VRS in 13 weeks, but that was not as close to build as the OP.

I didn't get the impression the whole car had been re-ordered. I suspect that might be if you change the colour or petrol to diesel or the like.

My experience & others have found that it is possible to add maxidot to your order provided it is not a confirmed build. ( you only get this 1 week before build begins).

I would ask they can only say either no, or back of the queue , then you can decide.