what does service indicator display (non-maxidot)?

Hi,

My first service is coming up and my dashboard display briefly changes to show the following when I start the engine (displayed for about 5 seconds):

1. Spanner symbol showing miles to go until service. This is at the very bottom of the display. It currently reads "800".

2. A number next to a clock symbol in the main body of the display. What is this figure? The manual hints that its the number of days to go until service, and I think it is reducing by 1 every day. Trouble is the figure is currently "370", so that can't be right?!

I'm doing ~20 miles per days on a commute so its not like I'm doing very low mileage making it think it will take me 370 days to do 800 miles!

Cheers,

Mark.

Yes, it's miles or days. Whatever comes first, it does not work out the daily milage and plan ahead or anything complicated.

Mine says more than 365 days too. :thumbup:

Edit: oops, thought this was in the Fabia Section.

Edited by CT17

Hi,

My first service is coming up and my dashboard display briefly changes to show the following when I start the engine (displayed for about 5 seconds):

1. Spanner symbol showing miles to go until service. This is at the very bottom of the display. It currently reads "800".

2. A number next to a clock symbol in the main body of the display. What is this figure? The manual hints that its the number of days to go until service, and I think it is reducing by 1 every day. Trouble is the figure is currently "370", so that can't be right?!

I'm doing ~20 miles per days on a commute so its not like I'm doing very low mileage making it think it will take me 370 days to do 800 miles!

Cheers,

Mark.

Display show miles left to service (spanner) and then days left to service (clock). Servicing is always based on mileage or date - whichever come first. With your set of figures if you only do 2 miles per day (unlikely I think!) then the service will be due by date before mileage. As soon as either of those numbers reaches zero you will get "service now" - however it shows that - can't rememebr but you will know it when you see it :-)

If you are on variable service and have done around 18k miles in one year then the 370 days sounds correct.

If you are on variable service and have done around 18k miles in one year then the 370 days sounds correct.

Thats exactly what I've done.

I get it now. The 370 is the days to next service, which is every 2 years (and mines 1 year old). I would have thought they would only display the relevant one (in my case miles).

Cheers.