My VRS is a wino!

Noticing a faint gear or drivetrain whine from my VRS when slotting into first gear doing say 10-15 mph. Is this normal or should it be silent?

Car has done 77K.

Took it into the dealers and they didnt notice anything, I know its there, it doesnt bother me, just wondered if it was a trait. Never noticed it on my last VAG car. The warranty runs out in 2 months.

I don't think I've ever had a car that would have been completely silent when changing down to first at 15mph? :wonder:

Try this as a test: change down to first at 60mph and if that's any quieter.

Please post pics.

HTH.

thanks for the constructive comments Rob_e.

pulling to a halt, really faint whirr going into gear slightly louder on letting the clutch out.

its nearer 5-10mph sorry i was so grossly inacccurate, I didnt think there was a rule that said you could only change into first gear at a standstill.

I never noticed any noise on my A4 B8 SLine driving in the same way.

It could be that the audi has a different gear box ect. When i was learning to drive, I was told not to drop down into first, since then I've never had the need to, .

But each to there own.

Edited by Anthonyh_b

I thought most cars had a slight whine in 1st.

If it is something that is getting noticeable though I would take it back in a month, then again with a few days left on the warranty just in case. Even if they NFF it then it is logged and if anything untoward should happen in the next year you can leverage good will from Skoda, saying that they avoided sorting whilst in warranty.