I need to remove my front tweeter grilles

As per title, I need to remove my front door tweeter grilles to check the health of the filter capacitors, as all of a sudden I seem to be leaking WAAAY too much mid-range from the mid-bass drivers to the tweeters. It sounds shockingly bad. Bass is still coming from the woofers fine, it's just the midrange that's dodgy.

So, is there a correct technique for prising those tweater grills out so I don't have to bother removing the whole door card?

Yes. Just pry it off, but I don't know what you'll be able to tell .. The Tweeter is glued on from behind, so no way to take it out by removing the tweeter cover only

It's quite easy to remove the cover, prise it out with a credit card or a trim removal tool. I found it easiest to start at the top near the front (towards the door hinge). To get to the capacitor you'll have to remove the torx screw, then there are two clips at the leading edge and at the top near the leading edge that you need to prise up slightly - in place they are wedged tight behind the inside edge of the door card. Then pull out the panel with the tweeter and the door pull.

I picked up instructions here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/107056-octavia-ii-poor-sounding-stereo-fix/page__st__40

In my picture at the end of the thread you can see the two clips you need to watch out for.

Edited by r6ymy

It's quite easy to remove the cover, prise it out with a credit card or a trim removal tool. I found it easiest to start at the top near the front (towards the door hinge). To get to the capacitor you'll have to remove the torx screw, then there are two clips at the leading edge and at the top near the leading edge that you need to prise up slightly - in place they are wedged tight behind the inside edge of the door card. Then pull out the panel with the tweeter and the door pull.

I picked up instructions here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/107056-octavia-ii-poor-sounding-stereo-fix/page__st__40

In my picture at the end of the thread you can see the two clips you need to watch out for.

Excellent - just what I was after. Thank you. :thumbup: