Please help, still having problems

Hi, i have had problems getting my bonnet open, you would pull the lever and nothing would happen. Took it to a local garage today and they got it on a ramp and tryed to open it from underneath. They had it for about 2 hours and they still could not get it open, they told me the catch is stuck solid and advised me to take it to skoda.

Is there anyway i can get it open to avoid paying the overpriced stealers????

Ok, i have just taken wheel and arch liner off. I pulled on bonnet cable and it snapped, so i think thats why it would not open. Any suggestions on how to release the bonnet catch?

Too late now, but at the latch end it is the inner cable that is fixed and it is the outer sheath that moves. The sheath slides along the inner cable and pushes a fork to release the catch.

On a lift with the right tools it can still be opened if the dealer/indy will do it. The other alternative is to sacrifice the grill.

Edited by rwbaldwin

Too late now, but at the latch end it is the inner cable that is fixed and it is the outer sheath that moves. The sheath slides along the inner cable and pushes a fork to release the catch.

On a lift with the right tools it can still be opened if the dealer/indy will do it. The other alternative is to sacrifice the grill.

Thanks for your reply, if i do break the grill how would i get the bonnet catch to open, would be quite easy then? I dont want to break it then not be able to open it lol!!

i've bought my missus a vrs. and i'm doiing it up. i'm learnig. but if you pull the lever on the opp side bonnet opens. the catcht under bonnet needs spraying., evenmore when its open just to make sure it opens.

On opp side of the catch?