Felicia Diesel....any good?

As some of you may know, i lost my 13mpi to a timing chain failure ten days ago, and i have stumbled accross a particularly cheap dieseler with short t&t.....obviously i'm familiar with the bodywork elements to look for, whats the no-no's when it comes to buying the heavy oil variety?

As some of you may know, i lost my 13mpi to a timing chain failure ten days ago, and i have stumbled accross a particularly cheap dieseler with short t&t.....obviously i'm familiar with the bodywork elements to look for, whats the no-no's when it comes to buying the heavy oil variety?

Make sure its been serviced regularly and the cambelt is recent. The 1.9 D engine is pretty tough otherwise...

Make sure its been serviced regularly and the cambelt is recent. The 1.9 D engine is pretty tough otherwise...

will check that out when i go see it...she's got 124k on the clock, looks just like my old one. except green :giggle: Obviously cant expect miracles for something this cheap, but i was pleased with the petrol one i had, so have to at least look :D

124k? Not even run in then :giggle:

Seriously? Only dieseler i ever had was a ZX, that had 180k on when i killed that...and have you come accross the engine code AFF? found plenty listings for AEF, but not this one...unless of course its just a clerical error on the VRM lookup...

It's an AEF that someone's misread. No other diesel engine codes were used in Felicias. The AFF apparently does exist, though - it's an Audi TDi fitted to the A4.

Edited by RobinSLXi

yep the AEF engine, tough as old boots those things are :thumbup:

just what i wanted to hear :rofl: so 124k is alright then....argh this is doing my head in now! theres another one with only 84k on pretty locally too....i get the feeling i have the bug or whatever it is that keeps you guys here :smirk:

check its had its cambelt done when required (60K/5 years) and take it for a drive to make sure 5th gear is not noisey or hard to engage. apart from an appetite for glowplugs they are pretty solid motors

check its had its cambelt done when required (60K/5 years) and take it for a drive to make sure 5th gear is not noisey or hard to engage. apart from an appetite for glowplugs they are pretty solid motors

Just been to see the beast, she had her belt done last between 3 and 4 years ago....looks her age, bit scabby round the front arches as per every other one ive seen, sills and floor all look good, brake pipes better than mine were (and this has twice the miles)

have 20 hours to decide if shes worth investing in...should land her for under 400 quid, t&t til march. Ay or nay?