Tracking ships

hmibennett

Now that - thanks to a previous thread - I know how to track ships from Emden across to Tyne (where I am told my SM will disembark in the next couple of weeks), is there any way of knowing which actual ship any given car is on? For example, does SkodaUK have a list of order numbers allocated to vessels? Just wondered! The wait almost seems worse now I know my SM has been built (or 'assembled', as SkodaUK rather scarily put it) and is on its way somewhere.

SUK do track the delivery of your new car from Factory to Dealer with various stages e.g. en route to port, at port, ready to leave port, on ship, arrived UK port, etc. and this info is available to your dealer through the SUK system.

However, as with some tracking systems, I do not believe it is in real time but some 24 hours behind. Nevertheless, the information is there; it just whether your dealer will thank you for calling every 10 minutes to say 'Where's my Yeti?'

My dealer worked on updating all their orders on a Thursday morning from 'order' to 'projected build week' and onwards; so once I knew my Yeti was built I rang them on a Thursday afternoon to 'touch base'.

Date built to Delivery should take around three weeks 1. factory to German Port, 2. German port to UK port, 3. UK port to Dealer.

Good luck; it will be worth the wait.

I tracked the ships too and phoned SUK every now and then but never quite knew which ship my car was on in the end. Oh well. But it did keep my mind occupied for a while!!!