Locking the key with ignition on

Is it possible to lock the car (Octavia RS FL 2010) with a different set of keys when the car is parked and engine running.

Ths scenario for me would be important if I want to warm the car in winter months before I get in.

Tried it some time ago with spare keys but got no joy.

I leave mine running for a few minutes before getting in in cold weather and it does make a difference.

When you get in it's not hot by any means but certainly there's enough heat from the heater to demist and defrost the windows far quicker than starting from stone cold.

I've not found any way of locking it with the engine running though. I think the only way be to secure it would be to fit one of those steering wheel locks when you leave it running.

When you have DPF problems don't tell your dealer what you have been doing, assuming you have one still fitted.

are saying leaving it to run for a min or two before setting off damages the DPF, i thought it was advised to run a diesel idle briefly, so not to stress the engine from cold?

My 2.0 CR 140 takes a good 15mins to produce warm air in the cabin at present, so letting it idle from cold is unlikely to aid warming much, if at all.

I was under the impression that letting an engine idle from cold was not recommended due to low oil pressure and was best to just set off and drive, but keeps the engine speed down.