PD 160 INTAKE! RIP OFF!

If the end that fixes to the air box is the same, could ya not use a bit of pipe like someone already said they did? And make it just long enough to poke through the location where the neat collar on the OEM intakes connect to the slam panel?

As long as the pipe was soft enough you could "oval" it into, and through a little to support, the hole and jubellie clip it to the air box? Using the connection / collar cut off from the 130 intake, couldn't ya?

It won't look as pretty, I'm more asking if this would have the same cold air, extra air effect that the 160 does?

Personally, a black pipe wouldn't bother me, it's the middle ground between OEM and bling... but the £80 would!

Nice one :thumbup:

Here's the reply:

'Hi Andrew

We discount everything as much as possible, but the PD intake is a different discount structure from VWG and we have very little margin to work on.

Best price is £78 inc p+p, but to be fair rrp is only £93.

Regards'

Hmm... not a massive saving but it's something.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the reply:

'Hi Andrew

We discount everything as much as possible, but the PD intake is a different discount structure from VWG and we have very little margin to work on.

Regards'

Who is this guy, and where can i contact him about a 160 intake?? Did i notice someone said hes based in Ireland?? If so could save on shipping as 78 isnt too bad..

Are you guys really going to spend £80 on a piece of plastic just because it looks OEM?

Why not just use some air ducting pipe as I've used here?: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/191200-mufflerectomy-intake-replacement/page__p__2279825#entry2279825

Doesn't look very OEM but it does the job perfectly and for about £10 you can't really go wrong...

I think the new price is a joke.

There was a home made one on my car when I bought it.

It had to go. It may have done the job ok but looked bodged to me.

When I investigated further, the previous owner had cut

the splash dam out if the intake sleeve too.

I was very lucky and got one on here for £20 :o from a guy returning his car to standard

before selling it. I also bought his strut brace too for the same price.

Adding the cost of a new intake sleeve (£11 odd ) and £25 for powder coating

the brace, the grand total came in at £76. Now that's more like it. :thumbup:

Here's the reply:

'Hi Andrew

Regards'

I'm up for that, as Tesco says, every little helps, a saving is a saving...