console bush tool plz

bugman

hi can any one help. has any one got the washers to fit cupra consolew bushes please, all costs for post etc will be coverd.

took car to a few garages today none of them got tool to fit them properly.they just do them with vice and hammer from wot they said. not wot i lookin for,

thanx

To be fair if you remove the console a screwdriver and a hammer make short work of getting them out and a vice will get the new ones in providing thet are cleaned up enough.

i was lookin at changing bushes with out taking the console out. is it a big job to take out ? ....... thanx for your info it very helpfull

How do you take teh consol off?

Undo all the bolts that hold them on. You have to undo the ARB mounts, steering rack mounts, remove the lower engine mount (dog bone), the wishbone bolts and all the bolts around the consoles and the metal brace that they slot into that sits in the middle of the car (sorry don't know the technical name). Having watched Unit 18 do it I wouldn't want to tackle it myself as another pair of hands, car lift and air tools make it all look much easier than it really is and it still looked like a right pain!

Threaded bar from B&Q the thickest bar about 14mm with correct sized threaded nuts (4) and get the biggest washers you lay your hands on.

Console bush will accept threaded bar up to 16mm to be fed through its' centre.

Two flat metal bar's or box type tubing with a hole drilled through.

Wind in threaded bar nuts with the washers and metal bar/box type tubing, draw the bush into it's console housing.

A really good clean of console housing bush area is recommended/ required.

Edited by giandougl