Getting most from mobile broadband

runboy

Got myself a netbook and a Vodafone mobile internet dongle with 3GB per month download.

How do you guys get the most from your download limits? I've bookmarked exact web pages rather than just the front screens so that saves a bit of download. Is there any setting in IE that can help reduce downloads?

Cheers.

3GB is a lot of download for a mobile dongle, I had simillar on three and never went over 600meg just using it for browsing/email etc. whilst waiting for my ADSL line to be activated. I would just use it as you would your home broadband. Obviously streaming media and torrents will eat into the limit, but normal day to day stuff dont worry about it.

3GB is a lot of download for a mobile dongle, I had simillar on three and never went over 600meg just using it for browsing/email etc. whilst waiting for my ADSL line to be activated. I would just use it as you would your home broadband. Obviously streaming media and torrents will eat into the limit, but normal day to day stuff dont worry about it.

:+1: I have a 500MB limit on my phone which I sometimes use as a 3G modem, and the only time I ever got anywhere near it was when I downloading XP service packs using it (don't ask!)

If you were really stuck, you could use Opera for web browsing with Turbo switched on although TBH as has been said unless you're streaming media you should be fine with 3GB...

I use a 3G jobbie when I go away for work, and, thus only use it in the evening. For a week of being bored in a hotel I probably used about 100MB (if that), and that included a bit of youtube.

Yesterday I accidentally downloaded 23GB of data at home :-)