New Scout Order, lead times?

Told you I'd be back with more questions!

Basically I'm looking for lead times from order to delivery on a new Octavia Scout 1.8 petrol.

Been to 4 different dealerships and got 4 vastly different lead times.

Anyone ordered one recently and got a solid delivery time or has anyone received one recently(and when did you order).

Ultimately I think I'll stick with my choice of a Scout but wonder if different dealerships can get 'priority' or whether it's just a ruse to secure an order and your money?

Oh yeah, still finding my way around these forums so if someone thinks I'd get a better response to this post under another topic then let me know and I'll shift it,

many thanks, Speedy_G

Edited by speedy_gonzales

I ordered a diesel scout in December and have a build week at the end of May. I was told two weeks ago that if I switched to petrol it would be built in 12 weeks. Extras are curtain airbags, bluetooth, maxidot and MFSW

Basically I'm looking for lead times from order to delivery on a new Octavia Scout 1.8 petrol.

Anyone ordered one recently and got a solid delivery time or has anyone received one recently(and when did you order).

Ultimately I think I'll stick with my choice of a Scout but wonder if different dealerships can get 'priority' or whether it's just a ruse to secure an order and your money?

Hi Speedy

Ordered a new Scout CR with a few extras back in May 10 expecting delivery March 11. Current scout PD will be 4 years old May 11 not had any major problems other than the wheels delaminating. However. These were exchanged twice F.O.C.

G'day Speedy,

I ordered a diesel Scout in late Nov and was given approx eta of early May. I know it's another country but the waiting times are similar to those I've read about on this forum. What is interesting is that in Australia, Scouts only come in diesels . . . :smirk:

• 2 months later...

I'll be interested if you have a build date for your Scout yet as I ordered a TSi Scout on 01 March and Skoda can't quote a build date yet. Estimated delivery for my car will be mid-late June. This year. I hope.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered petrol Scout in Jan11 quoted 10-12 weeks to build, then told it went to 26 weeks, and I now have firm build week 19 (early May). Skoda UK confirmed it was their error that dealers were quoting 10-12 weeks in January and not the dealers - but I only got this after pestering them hard.

I ordered petrol Scout in Jan11 quoted 10-12 weeks to build, then told it went to 26 weeks, and I now have firm build week 19 (early May). Skoda UK confirmed it was their error that dealers were quoting 10-12 weeks in January and not the dealers - but I only got this after pestering them hard.

Good luck with that! I ordered first week of February(week 5?) was told by dealer 12-16 weeks so a build week of 17-21, was emailed that this got pushed back to week 33 then after I intimated I was about to cancel it was brought 'forward' to build week 28. Adding on delivery I think I'm looking at '61' plate!

Have just ordered my wifes octy scout to go With. My yeti was told 20 to 25 weeks but confirmation is still to Come ordered 1.8 tsi under vat discount offer with lots of spec which was also discounted with the offer got a great deal at WEST END BROXBURN

Not that bothered about wait as long as it's hear for Xmas

Both stuck with 2wd last winter going nowhere hopefully 2x 4wd go everywhere!!!

Have just ordered my wifes octy scout to go With. My yeti was told 20 to 25 weeks but confirmation is still to Come ordered 1.8 tsi under vat discount offer with lots of spec which was also discounted with the offer got a great deal at WEST END BROXBURN

Not that bothered about wait as long as it's hear for Xmas

Both stuck with 2wd last winter going nowhere hopefully 2x 4wd go everywhere!!!

i ordered a diesel scout 12th nov and went today to see what was happening and was told they dont have a build date as a facelift model is coming out and the havnt started to build these yet but i should get the car in julyish if that is an exact month im not sure

i ordered a diesel scout 12th nov and went today to see what was happening and was told they dont have a build date as a facelift model is coming out and the havnt started to build these yet but i should get the car in julyish if that is an exact month im not sure

???Facelift model, I thought we currently were on the FL model, is there ANOTHER facelift coming out or do you mean the change from MY11 to MY12?

As an aside, my petrol scout order was pushed back to week 33 from an original week 17-21, this was then brought back to week 28 then last week I got an email saying it was week 21. I was led to belileve week 22 was the changeover between MY11 to MY12, I wonder if this is significant in my new build week?!?

???Facelift model, I thought we currently were on the FL model, is there ANOTHER facelift coming out or do you mean the change from MY11 to MY12?

As an aside, my petrol scout order was pushed back to week 33 from an original week 17-21, this was then brought back to week 28 then last week I got an email saying it was week 21. I was led to belileve week 22 was the changeover between MY11 to MY12, I wonder if this is significant in my new build week?!?

that's news to me too. Maybe they meant the new Skoda logo which I think will be introduced this summer?

My Diesel Scout is finally on its way to the UK having ordered in September. I think it will be an other week or so before its on our drive but I intend to post some pictures when its there. Having seen only three FL Scouts in the flesh in the last 7 months, I have certainly been on the look out for pictures of that illusive beast and have always appreciated pictures and reviews from new owners on this forum.

that's news to me too. Maybe they meant the new Skoda logo which I think will be introduced this summer?

My Diesel Scout is finally on its way to the UK having ordered in September. I think it will be an other week or so before its on our drive but I intend to post some pictures when its there. Having seen only three FL Scouts in the flesh in the last 7 months, I have certainly been on the look out for pictures of that illusive beast and have always appreciated pictures and reviews from new owners on this forum.

Hi

Posted on this thread back earlier, update is that I did take delivery 3rd week in March after waiting 10 months. I was not that bothered about the timescale as the original deal was honoured and I also received £300 m&s vouchers which were confiscated by my wife and daughter. :(

Anyhow thoroughly enjoying the new scout, big improvement over previous model IMHO.

Did add a few extra's Alcantara, silver roof rails, AFS Lights etc. the optional upgraded proteus wheels were IMHO ok but decided to fit Spitzberg wheels that I bought from a friend who owned a new Yeti. He changed them for a non standard OEM set up. The offset on the Spitzberg is 45 and sits better in the arch than the standard wheel.

I have also colour coded the grill surround and added a honeycomb insert. Mirrors covers have been added and colour coded to match the roof rails, also added a rear bumper protective cover again finished in matt silver.

I will give it a good clean at the weekend "weather permitting" and post a few pics for your opinion

i think perhaps he was trying to cheer me up as i asked what the changes would be and said that the dealers had not been told but it might be different wheels or blue tooth stuff and perhaps i took this to be a facelift when it isnt