Cupra r brembos

M450N

Hi all, looking at purchasing a set of lcr brembos for my octy...

Are they a direct fit?

Do I need any wheel spacers?

Do they fit under 17" spiders?

I've sourced them with discs/pads and braided hoses will these all fit onto my ovtavia vrs?

Thanks

Hi all, looking at purchasing a set of lcr brembos for my octy...

Are they a direct fit?

Do I need any wheel spacers?

Do they fit under 17" spiders?

I've sourced them with discs/pads and braided hoses will these all fit onto my ovtavia vrs?

Thanks

make sure you get the brackets as they are expensive from seat !!!

Edited by 550_VRS

Im just fitting Porsche 996 brakes to my Octy!

If you fit spacers to the front i take it you put them on the back too?

The reason i ask is i only need a 3mm, 5mm to be safe!

Fronts or rears...?

if its rears...they are no good

pistons too small, overall stopping power....worse than a standard vrs caliper!

http://uk-mkvs.net/forums/p/391895/2688100.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Sorry for a thread resurection but trying to find out what exactly I would need to get in order to put the LCR brembos on my octy.

The calipers I have lined up come with nothing, so what will I have to buy.

Spacers (I have the 17" spiders)... and then what? :S

If anyone has rough prices of the parts aswell, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are they leon brembos?

If you your ll need the bracket to hold them and brake lines, id go for braided ones!

Althoght the octavia lines are okay the thread in th banjo bolt is different for a brembo caliper as opposed to a VAG one in the the brembo is M10x1.0 and if i remember rightly the VAG one is M10x1.5.

What you can do is get the correct banjo bolts from a hydrolic company as that size in the norm.

But the down side is becarefull where you position the flat

on the brakeline or else the hole on the banjo wont line up with the hole on the caliper, having the hose upright on the

caliper is the right way!

The other down side is that you will have to use two copper washers on each caliper due to the fact that the correct hose will bottom out on th caliper and seal before the nut part hits! But with a banjo bolt it will not so you count on the washers to do the job,

But its no issue really!

Also most brembos leon, Porshe will have a metal Z type pipe thay stands the hose away from the caliper, you dont have to do this just means if you do get hoses they will need to be female female not female male without the standoff, as the stand of is male male

Hope all this makes sense?

If you need anymore help pm me

Good luck

Also ive used porsche brembos with spiders and ive used a 3mm spacer but it is tight but doest cause any issues and if it was a concern you could go for 5 or even10!

Im not sure how wide the leon ones are compare to the 996 ones that ive used but im sure someone on here wouldve fitted them to a VRS at some point!

If not get the caliper with pads and dry fit it and then refit the wheel and see how far your off and do it that way.

Also i dont know if youve got the leon calipers yet but i would guess that boxstet s ones would be cheaper and easier to get plus you can get all you need for that set up from ebay

Also ive used porsche brembos with spiders and ive used a 3mm spacer but it is tight but doest cause any issues and if it was a concern you could go for 5 or even10!

Im not sure how wide the leon ones are compare to the 996 ones that ive used but im sure someone on here wouldve fitted them to a VRS at some point!

If not get the caliper with pads and dry fit it and then refit the wheel and see how far your off and do it that way.

Also i dont know if youve got the leon calipers yet but i would guess that boxstet s ones would be cheaper and easier to get plus you can get all you need for that set up from ebay

Hey dannyboy,

Thanks for the info.

Youve now got a pm for your sins!!! :p