Am I Missing Something!?

Hi,

I've been getting the "bulb out" warning light come on intermittently for a couple of weeks, usually when it's wet. Figured out it was one of the side lights so i went to change it..........OMG! I suspect only a contortionist can get at these things or more than likely, a dealer with the know how and a cash register to fill!

Has anyone got any tips or tricks on how to replace the front side light and/or indicator bulb without taking the light cluster out?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've been getting the "bulb out" warning light come on intermittently for a couple of weeks, usually when it's wet. Figured out it was one of the side lights so i went to change it..........OMG! I suspect only a contortionist can get at these things or more than likely, a dealer with the know how and a cash register to fill!

Has anyone got any tips or tricks on how to replace the front side light and/or indicator bulb without taking the light cluster out?

Thanks.

Welcome along matey. :thumbup:

I can't comment on the FL but on the pre FL it is a bit tight. The best way to tackle it is to use a pair of long nose pliers, to pinch the 2 x plastic retaining clips (you can rotate the bulb holder to get these into the optimum position) then pinching the clips tight gentley pull up, you can use the wire to pull also just be careful. It will be stiff at first but you will get there.

I am assuming you are removing the headlight unit here though? :thumbup:

Edited by vRS_Pagey

Just take the lamp unit out - Undo the white plastic wing nut on the back and pull the hook in front of the radiators towards the centre of the car.

I've changed one and I don't remember anything particularly tricky about it so it must be simple once the lamp is out.

Just take the lamp unit out - Undo the white plastic wing nut on the back and pull the hook in front of the radiators towards the centre of the car.

I've changed one and I don't remember anything particularly tricky about it so it must be simple once the lamp is out.

You obviously don't have sausage fingers :giggle: I have changed mine about a half dozen times (don't ask) and although the bulb holder is a lot loser its still bl00dy tricky.........you're not talking about the dipped or main beam bulb are you? They're both a piece of pi55 to change. :thumbup:

Cool! Head lamp unit coming out at the weekend then.

Thanks guys.

I take it from that comment you wasn't aware the headlamp can come out? Replacing all the bulbs would be an absolutely nightmare with it in situe, unless your Eugene Tombs. B)