Columbus Installed In Fabia Vrs

cjp2k

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No prob mate, been one of the first to do this I dont mind helping as much as I can, :thumbup:

I think I have started something on here lol :giggle:

Think you might have done.

Something inside of me is wishing I never, ever saw this thread.

Does this mean you could fit the 'Bolero' out of the Octavia in there? (I think its the RCD510)

I spoke to the local dealer and they said it wasn't an option as it wouldn't fit in the dash...

Like this one : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skoda-Bolero-Radio-Yeti-Fabia-etc-/260727333890?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3cb48f6402#ht_808wt_1139

I think it may just be the angle of the photo. I will have to check (got the Bolero in my Octavia at the moment). Will have to compare and see. But from the look of the size of the two at the back there should be space. Would look soooooo much better in the dash than the standard unit.

In fact I just read further down on that listing and it says it will fit the Fabia. Must mean Mk2 cos it won't fit in a Mk1!

Just had a thought...

You said you put the GPS aerial above the top glove box...this means it must be underneath the actual dash itself right? Do you get decent signal with it being underneath another object?

Not saying you are wrong by the way, was just curious.

Just had a thought, don't know why I didn't think of it sooner :( The Columbus is an option on the Octy, so the Bolero must be the same shape :)

Go on, spend the extra and get the Columbus. ;)

You know you want too...

Go on, spend the extra and get the Columbus. ;)

You know you want too...

Need to get a better job first (got an interview on Wednesday :) )

Then get a VRS.

Even then I've got a TomTom, not sure I could justify the extra... :'(

Need to get a better job first (got an interview on Wednesday :) )

Then get a VRS.

Even then I've got a TomTom, not sure I could justify the extra... emoticon-0106-crying.gif

I have a TomTom (family TomTom should I say).

But, but...

Integrated sat nav, integrated HDD with music, touch screen, awesome looking, DVD player (will be damned if I ever use that though...), etc.

It's so tempting.

Is it worth £500 tempting though...?

Might be time to start saving for me...

Edited by Stu vRS

I have a TomTom (family TomTom should I say).

But, but...

Integrated sat nav, integrated HDD with music, touch screen, awesome looking, DVD player (will be damned if I ever use that though...), etc.

It's so tempting.

Is it worth £500 tempting though...?

Might be time to start saving for me...

Yeah, OK, so it is tempting then... :rofl:

If your feeling flush right now there's one going on eBay for £265 at the moment... :whew:

Yeah, OK, so it is tempting then... :rofl:

If your feeling flush right now there's one going on eBay for £265 at the moment... :whew:

Is that the one with 16 bids on and 2 days left?

Got a feeling if it is that one then it might go up a bit by then :p

If not, then link please! :rofl:

Is that the one with 16 bids on and 2 days left?

Got a feeling if it is that one then it might go up a bit by then :p

If not, then link please! :rofl:

Yes it is, and yeah it prob will go up a bit. There's one on auction for £349, only 20 hours to go on that one...

Yes it is, and yeah it prob will go up a bit. There's one on auction for £349, only 20 hours to go on that one...

Aye, thought so.

Yeah, that's a good price but a bit soon for me. Won't be until the next few months I don't think if I do end up doing it.

Edit: Just looked at it though...it is cheap...It is very tempting...might have to check my funds.

Also, noticed there is an LED version of the headunit for about twice the price - is there much difference?

Edited by Stu vRS

The led unit is better. Brighter screen bit better to see in bright Sun. I didn't go for one as was a risk for me as no one had fitted one so I could of been left with a unit that didn't work.

Try putting an best offer with the guy I got mine from he was open to offers with my unit

The Bolero does come in a different shape to the Columbus. I had to get a new plastic surround for our Yeti when I fitted a Columbus. All Columbus units appear to be the same shape.

Although for some reason I think there may be two different shaed of Bolero...

Also, I asked my dealer about fitting a Columbus to my Fabia and they said it was not possible, instead they tried to sell me the new aftermarket unit that's a combined sat-nav and bluetooth. Just over £1000. Which is better value than a factory fit Columbus, but not as good as a £500(ish) one off ebay. :thumbup:

Its not that hard...I am not that technical....Only hard bit is the VCDS coding....as you need to find someone that can do it for you

I'm waiting on my Columbus coming - ordered from the same place you got yours.I was a little reticent to start with but the guy seems top have good feedback. How long did yours take to arrive? I'm hoping to have no problems fitting it - it's going in a 2010 facelift Roomster SE so no maxidot or MFSW to worry about. Are you getting good GPS signals from the mounting position on the top of the lower glove box? Does the unit display the rear parking sensors?

Mick