can anyone help

sav26

hi was wondering if anyone can help me have just purchased an octavia vrs on 02 plate it seems to have intermittant boost sometimes it is there and sometimes it isnt have had it scanned and is coming back as running lean on bank 1 also have a problem when it is sitting idle the revs seem to drop down to around 500 or so then back up to 800 this is my first skoda so am a noob to all this have read the buying guide and think mine is the aug engine am not 100 per cent sure as dont have the v5 from dvla yet is there anyone that can pit me on the right track thanks guys appreciate any help i can get

Mine seem to have a intermitent boost problem when my thermatstat was sticking open and i had no fault codes,

How longs it take to warm up and does it sit at 90 when it warms up

thanks guys the engine management light was on but it hasnt come back on since it was reset but has had no work done on it yet it seems to sit at 90 and doesnt move at all but when engine is warm seems like there is almost no boost at all even though u can hear the turbo and is no blue or white smoke from the back and garage has said the turbo seems fine

Get it code read to set you off in the right direction for fault diagnosis.

had it read only fault was running lean on bank on one mate

Did u get the car from Palmers skoda? recently part ex'ed to there plate **02*EE

no mate it came off a trader on ebay

thanks guys the engine management light was on but it hasnt come back on since it was reset but has had no work done on it yet it seems to sit at 90 and doesnt move at all but when engine is warm seems like there is almost no boost at all even though u can hear the turbo and is no blue or white smoke from the back and garage has said the turbo seems fine

Diverter valve would be next they are a big fault and known to go..... also check for vac leaks there well known for it to...

Diverter valve would be next they are a big fault and known to go..... also check for vac leaks there well known for it to...

thanks 4 the help guys i am getting the garage to check for vac leaks this week am gonna change the dump valve just 2 be on the safe side