brake pad warning light

jbh

can any help , i have 2 warning lights coming on on my dash board telling me that my main beam lights are not working and also my brake pads need checked have had them checked and cant find anything wrong with them.anyone any ideas as to why they wont go off pisher

The brake pad warning light is probably on because the cable has worn on the pad. I had this on the Bora, the pads were fine but where the wire comes through the back of the pad, it had split. I just ripped the wire off and tied them together! As long as you check the pads every so often you don't need to worry.

What is the message about the lights? AFAIK if you haven't got maxidot it doesn't tell you what bulb has gone and it could be any bulb and not the main beam...

thanks jrw, for the reply for the brake pad warning, will get mechanic to check that for me. the garage has had the message off regarding the head lights but came on again after four days pisher