2011 Octy VRS TDI - Tuning options

Hi Guys,

Company car renewal time is here again and I have my eye on a 2011 Octy VRS TDI. Looks like it will be in budget but my questions are:

Tuning Boxes: I have it on very good authority that DTUK do a programmable box for this engine with some good gains to be had, a stage 1 and stage 2 box are available. Anyone tried it? if so was it reliable, good increase in performance and fuel consumption

Dealers: Up North - Newcastle/Durham has anyone had good/bad service from local dealers?

Thanks in advance all,

Paul

Good choice but id order fast or you might end up with a 2012 VRS as there are some epic delays at mo on the diesels!! :(

I have seen Shark doing a "Self Tuning System" box thing for £499 their name seems to be highly recommended in here but for mine as id own it I will not touch anything like that until the car is well run in. Sharks STS box for 2.0 CR TDi 170

By epic delays what have you heard on the grape vine? 6 months?

seems to be pretty much standard time at mo but best person to get the answer off is dealer your thinking of using as its a company car I hope you would be able to wait there are a few threads on here reference it this is the best one for you to read though seems to be the main one and a lot of hard work by DarrenB3843 by keeping it up to date Delivery Dates For Octavia VRS Good Luck!

OK spoke to the dealer yesterday - delivery time for a VRS TDI if the order is placed in the next 14 days would be September at best, more likely though October!

Thats just crazy! I can have a BMW 320d Sport Edition with a host of options delivered in 10 weeks! I guess this is a VAG group problem and not just limited to Skoda? Have VAG gone on strike?

As for a 2012 MY Octy VRS - does anyone know what the differences would be between this and a 2011 MY?

Thanks - Paul