Joining the Scout movement

Carp Catcher

Hello everyone, about to order a new Roomster Scout 1.6 TDI CR(105) while VAT free. Any pitfalls to watch out for?.

Is the Autoglym Life Shine offer a worthy investment?, and can anyone tell me why the Fabia 1.6 TDI(105) has lower C02 emissions. I would have thought they would have the same output.

cheers everyone.

Carp Catcher

Hello everyone, about to order a new Roomster Scout 1.6 TDI CR(105) while VAT free. Any pitfalls to watch out for?.

Is the Autoglym Life Shine offer a worthy investment?, and can anyone tell me why the Fabia 1.6 TDI(105) has lower C02 emissions. I would have thought they would have the same output.

cheers everyone.

Carp Catcher

On emissions: they will be higher on the Roomster than the Fabia with the same engine if the Roomster has a bigger frontal area (more drag at speed) and/or weighs more (takes more energy to accelerate).

The Yeti Hatch has higher emissions than the Octavia Hatch with the same engine and transmission. Shape and weight differences.

On emissions: they will be higher on the Roomster than the Fabia with the same engine if the Roomster has a bigger frontal area (more drag at speed) and/or weighs more (takes more energy to accelerate).

The Yeti Hatch has higher emissions than the Octavia Hatch with the same engine and transmission. Shape and weight differences.

Have Googled this (second page) My link which suggests it cannot be air resistance and also would the weight of the vehicle affect the power output at the wheels on a rolling road? Never researched this before but find it interesting (really a technophobe, something to mull over while fishing I suppose LOL) Thanks for reply, any views?

Hi CC

Only two potential pitfalls come to mind:-

1) You will need to specify a spare wheel if you want one. Standard issue is a so-called repair kit.

2) You will need to specify a centre rear headrest if you want one. It is not standard fit.

HTH

Rob

Hi CCOnly two potential pitfalls come to mind:-1) You will need to specify a spare wheel if you want one. Standard issue is a so-called repair kit.2) You will need to specify a centre rear headrest if you want one. It is not standard fit.HTHRob

Ordered a Scout in Dec. The dealer 'threw in' the spare wheel as part of the package.

£300 buys a lot of Autoglym (AG) polish to do it yourself once every 2 months or so. I have used AG products on my classic cars for years and admittedly they never went out in winter AG wash/ then AG red polish/ then AG gold sealer leaves me with a shine I can hose and leather off if dirty, or use AG fast detailer if I'm in a hurry. I do not use all the hyper expensive detailing polishes/waxes and find AG cheap and easy to use. I find the AG glass cleaner leaves my screen as good as RainX for dispersing rain at speed.

£300 buys a lot of Autoglym (AG) polish to do it yourself once every 2 months or so. I have used AG products on my classic cars for years and admittedly they never went out in winter AG wash/ then AG red polish/ then AG gold sealer leaves me with a shine I can hose and leather off if dirty, or use AG fast detailer if I'm in a hurry. I do not use all the hyper expensive detailing polishes/waxes and find AG cheap and easy to use. I find the AG glass cleaner leaves my screen as good as RainX for dispersing rain at speed.

hi john having my car done by smartcar who will put this autoglym on my car when it cums should look good on a black car i hpoe

Pete, My wife loves black cars we've had 3, I hate them, not because of the colour, but because we used to live in limestone quarry country. When polished up they looked great, then the wind would blow lime dust, or the rain would splash up lime dust, or they would magically attract lime dust just to annoy me! They were such hard work I refuse to have another one even though we've been moved 8yrs. My Roomster on order is Mocha, I hope it is easier to keep clean! My company car was white, I used to drive it through the local quarry's wagon wheel wash to clean it, but if you leant on the wing you got a white backside.

Pete, My wife loves black cars we've had 3, I hate them, not because of the colour, but because we used to live in limestone quarry country. When polished up they looked great, then the wind would blow lime dust, or the rain would splash up lime dust, or they would magically attract lime dust just to annoy me! They were such hard work I refuse to have another one even though we've been moved 8yrs. My Roomster on order is Mocha, I hope it is easier to keep clean! My company car was white, I used to drive it through the local quarry's wagon wheel wash to clean it, but if you leant on the wing you got a white backside.

had a black sport o8 had it moped the first time to get rid of the swirlls lasted a mouth they came back but did not have the car from brannew

so having the roomster from new and me being fussy and i take my cars to shows we mite keep it nice ok i hope thanks for the chat

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, sounds like I have to bargain for what I can get. Anyone got any views on the Autoglym Life Shine offer. £300 is it worth it?

I was qouted £249 by local dealer but declined it as I thought it was too pricey!

Fred

It might be worth the cost of a phone call and ring up a mobile valeter and ask how much he would charge, I would assume it would be minus the cut the dealer takes, and he comes to you.

It might be worth the cost of a phone call and ring up a mobile valeter and ask how much he would charge, I would assume it would be minus the cut the dealer takes, and he comes to you.

hi john mines costing 245.00 plus theres 100.00 worth of stuff in a bag well having a black car i have it done when new

and try a keep swirlls at bay i hope and sscrachers as well

Interesting you have gone for the Scout spec, when I priced a Scout against an SE I found the SE over £1,600 cheaper after adding the extras I wanted. In terms of the Autoglym product you may want to read these web pages which incude the phrases...

Once your car has been specially prepared, you will receive an Autoglym LifeShine registration document and a complementary LifeShine Care Kit for ongoing care. Keep your registration document safe for the day when you may wish to impress a prospective purchaser.
Source http://www.autoglym.com/engb/lifeshine.asp

and

With car sales slowing, dealers have become more active in selling ancillary products such as LifeShine in order to maximise their income and profit margins.
Source http://www.autoglym.com/engb/News-archivefull.asp?v06VQ=EKG

Then you can compare prices by doing a Google search on Autoglym Lifeshine, I think the lowest price is about £15 for a kit.

Edited by hertsnminds

Interesting you have gone for the Scout spec, when I priced a Scout against an SE I found the SE over £1,600 cheaper after adding the extras I wanted. In terms of the Autoglym product you may want to read these web pages which incude the phrases...

Source http://www.autoglym.com/engb/lifeshine.asp

and

Source http://www.autoglym.com/engb/News-archivefull.asp?v06VQ=EKG

Then you can compare prices by doing a Google search on Autoglym Lifeshine, I think the lowest price is about £15 for a kit.

Didn't want the panoramic sunroof and the scout has the full ESP spec. The equipment I chose, sensors, climate control, cruise, arm rest and spare wheel was no where near the difference you have quoted.

With reference to the Autoglym, have probably found better product? in Gtechniq. Anybody tried these products?