Yeti E

The Plumber

It's a heck of a car for the money! Not all of us can afford an elegance unfortunately, and considering it's only a couple of grand more expensive than a mid range Seat Ibiza, I think I would hesitiate to be so down on it!

I've had to scrape together enough to get an S model, but for me with a young family it's an ideal car considering it's load carrying capability.

It's a heck of a car for the money! Not all of us can afford an elegance unfortunately, and considering it's only a couple of grand more expensive than a mid range Seat Ibiza, I think I would hesitiate to be so down on it!

I've had to scrape together enough to get an S model, but for me with a young family it's an ideal car considering it's load carrying capability.

Well said...no place for specification snobbery on a Yeti forum! :yes: If the steel wheels and trim don't bother you it's a fantastic family car for the money. When you spec up a basic

5 door Golf which comes with steel wheels/trims and the same 1.2 TSI engine it's over £17K!

I see your in Glasgow....I'm in East Kilbride. I've just ordered my Yeti which should hopefully be delivered around May. I think I've only seen about two or three Yeti's up

here since they launched.

Its not THAT bad.

You can buy a damned sight worse with more money.

At the end of the day it still has most of the clever engineering and all of the build quality of it's more luxurious siblings.

I think it looks surprisingly good and definitely no Ford Fiesta Popular or Metro City.

The Trade always say that you get the best value with models from either the very top or very bottom of a range of cars. The 'E' benefits from all of the basic design and engineering that goes into all of the Yetis. The Elegance benefits from having all of the toys for a total cost less than that of speccing up something from the middle of the range.

Looking at this Yeti E, I can see the attraction of it compared to say my wife's Roomster which is roughly the same new price.

Who said anything about an Elegance? Completely agree with your comment, and your point about upgrading to the S is the most pertinent one - never has £600 been so well spent on any car.

Alloys, Drivers Knee-bag, Fogs and Electric Rear Windows all for the price of a Caravan in Clacton for a week in May? Shame they didn't bother to put some rear speakers in the S ( :thumbdown: )

Job done.

Edited by Frank Bullitt

Well said...no place for specification snobbery on a Yeti forum! :yes: If the steel wheels and trim don't bother you it's a fantastic family car for the money. When you spec up a basic

5 door Golf which comes with steel wheels/trims and the same 1.2 TSI engine it's over £17K!

I see your in Glasgow....I'm in East Kilbride. I've just ordered my Yeti which should hopefully be delivered around May. I think I've only seen about two or three Yeti's up

here since they launched.

Just out of interest,what colour yeti have you ordered?

If you see a muscovado yeti on your travels in East Kilbride,it will prob be me as i've only seen white and blue one's around. :thumbup:

The E is good value for what you get. But I agree with Frank. Never can £600 be spent so wisely for what you get in the S.

Pity that photo is so over exposed so you can't see what is IN the fog lights! I've long wondered what is in there since the S does not have fog lights!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=180623646490

This is another E in Pacific Blue. The photo on Ebay is slightly better than the one shown on Skoda UK and seems to show the front 'fogs' being just DRLs.post-6584-0-80344500-1298030474_thumb.jpg

Just out of interest,what colour yeti have you ordered?

If you see a muscovado yeti on your travels in East Kilbride,it will prob be me as i've only seen white and blue one's around. :thumbup:

I've ordered a Candy White one although I won't have it until around May. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your Muscovado...if you see

an old red Mk2 Golf GTI giving you a wave that'll be me!

One of my colleagues at work has one for his company car, he is not bothered by extras, just wants a car to do the job and cost the minimum in income tax etc.

I (who picked an Elegance for my company Yeti, so am not biased) think that the base model in most ranges represents the best real value. You get all the engineering design of higher spec models at a cut down price. I would guess Skoda make hardly any profit on a E, it is there to set the baseline for adding in extra and charging more.

He had less issues in the snow than I did with his narrower normal profile tyres!

DDS, I've only seen 3 Yetis in the Glasgow area in 6 months. I parked next to a black S model at the Glasgow fort a week ago. And about 2 months ago on a trip to Skelmorlie, I saw a Pacific Blue yin on the Kingston Bridge and a Sliver one in Greenock, and aside from the ones in the dealerships, that's it! I'm still waiting on my Aqua Blue S from Henrys in Glasgow. Did you order from Parks in Hamilton?

DDS, I've only seen 3 Yetis in the Glasgow area in 6 months. I parked next to a black S model at the Glasgow fort a week ago. And about 2 months ago on a trip to Skelmorlie, I saw a Pacific Blue yin on the Kingston Bridge and a Sliver one in Greenock, and aside from the ones in the dealerships, that's it! I'm still waiting on my Aqua Blue S from Henrys in Glasgow. Did you order from Parks in Hamilton?

I did but I test drove the 1.2 TSI SE in Henry's but they wouldn't match the Parks deal I had been offered. We did see a Steel Grey one at the

Whirlies roundabout in EK on the way down to place our order.

I did but I test drove the 1.2 TSI SE in Henry's but they wouldn't match the Parks deal I had been offered. We did see a Steel Grey one at the

I had the reverse. Parks didn't even have one for me to look at, and Henrys (although they appeared not to care for my business one way or the other) finally agreed to give me a bit of cash off the Yeti, and throw in metallic paint free, but my part ex is leaking money the longer I have to wait! I must admit it was the most unpleasant car buying process I have ever gone through. I'll not be so naiive to think I can just show up and drive away in a new car 3 weeks later. I'll be starting looking 6 months in advance next time!

I had the reverse. Parks didn't even have one for me to look at, and Henrys (although they appeared not to care for my business one way or the other) finally agreed to give me a bit of cash off the Yeti, and throw in metallic paint free, but my part ex is leaking money the longer I have to wait! I must admit it was the most unpleasant car buying process I have ever gone through. I'll not be so naiive to think I can just show up and drive away in a new car 3 weeks later. I'll be starting looking 6 months in advance next time!

They are all much the same...I think it depends how desperate they are at the time to meet targets etc. We decided to hand in our Honda Jazz just now to get the best deal. The

Tax and MOT are up at the end of the month so it suited us. Also we are lucky enough to have a second car to fall back on for using for the next few months.

Henrys were prepared to sell the car we test drove which was pretty much the exact spec we were after...a 1.2 SE in Candy White but that was going to cost us more than

a new one from Parks. It would have been nice to not have the wait but I wasn't prepared to pay over the odds for the pleasure.

I even considered selling my car privately and ordering a car through drive the deal which might have saved me around about £500 but overall I'm happy with our

exchange and consider it to be fair. I wouldn't have got anymore for my car privately than I got as a trade in price and the dealer offered a reasonable discount on the

car as well so I'm happy enough.

Roll on May! :D

Edited by dds

The E is good value for what you get. But I agree with Frank. Never can £600 be spent so wisely for what you get in the S.

Pity that photo is so over exposed so you can't see what is IN the fog lights! I've long wondered what is in there since the S does not have fog lights!

hey??? my s has fog lights and drl's.....as for the E spec pic, that shouldnt have drl/fog lights? or mirror indi's or it didnt when we looked last year, only diff is wheeltrims going on that pic tim??

Awwwww thats unkind. emoticon-0106-crying.gif

They're sweet emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

I don't think it's a bad spec or a bad car for the money. In times gone by, it would have been just the thing for me and my family - raised driving position, plenty of room for passengers...still great value.

John

The Steel Grey one may have been me as I live in EK as well. I have seen a Muscovado Yeti at Morrisons (Lindsayfield) a couple of times and a Black Yeti SE near the Sainsbury`s Depot but no others in EK.

I found Henry`s next to useless for info when I enquired over a year ago and the trade in deal for a Yeti was really no deal at all. Tried Park`s at Hamilton and they were more interested in selling me their Demo car. I ended up getting my Yeti from West End at Uphall, excellent people to do business with and best deal around at that time in Central Scotland.

Del

The Steel Grey one may have been me as I live in EK as well. I have seen a Muscovado Yeti at Morrisons (Lindsayfield) a couple of times and a Black Yeti SE near the Sainsbury`s Depot but no others in EK.

I found Henry`s next to useless for info when I enquired over a year ago and the trade in deal for a Yeti was really no deal at all. Tried Park`s at Hamilton and they were more interested in selling me their Demo car. I ended up getting my Yeti from West End at Uphall, excellent people to do business with and best deal around at that time in Central Scotland.

Del

You'll hopefully be seeing a candy white one in a few months time as well. It was between the steel grey and candy white for us but the white won

because our last two cars have been metallic silver/grey colours and we fell like we need a change.