A cup to fit the holder

roguebrit

Foolishly, I bought a nice quality Aladdin insulated travel mug - I like to have one that closes - and, of course, it will not fit in the wretchedly small -'cup holders' in the Yeti. I put that in quotes as I am not sure that is even what it is supposed to be - I know the optional ashtray fits in there, for instance. Anyhow, that is what I wish to use it for and it would not have been rocket science for Skoda to have made one that a cup actually fitted into, like every other car manufacturer manages.

I was in Maplin this morning - dangerous place to brouse - and bought one with a base that narrows and fits the holder nice and snugly. So snug that I would not know if it would fit one where folk have added the chrome surround - I don't know if that intrudes into the hole further or not (TP, I think, note). Anyhow this one - which sort of looks like chinese generic and may be availble all over in many guises - was marked with the 'Rolson' name, and came complete with a plastic holder, for £3.99. Nothing like as nice quality as the Aladdin, but far more useful - in the Yeti - and less than half the price, too.

Just in case someone else is looking..

Wonder if skoda's own thermo mug fits :wonder: :rofl:

1281687183_mug_w170_h170.jpg

My link

TP

I think you're expecting a bit too much of Skoda on that score :rofl:

Quite like the mug though.

Sorry, I do not understand these words!

You explain, please? :yes:

I believe that the term "Mc Donald`s" refers to a fast food franchise normally found in the more populated areas of the United Kingdom as opposed to the more remote locations. As for the description "500ml bottle", I have been reliably informed that it refers to a new unit of measurement describing the capacity of a liquid containment vessel. This ground breaking new "Metric System" is gradually filtering through to the more isolated areas and will eventually replace Imperial measurements.

PS. I did not sell you your caravan - did I?

Edited by stanjackos

I believe that the term "Mc Donald`s" refers to a fast food franchise normally found in the more populated areas of the United Kingdom as opposed to the more remote locations. As for the description "500ml bottle", I have been reliably informed that it refers to a new unit of measurement describing the capacity of a liquid containment vessel. This ground breaking new "Metric System" is gradually filtering through to the more isolated areas and will eventually replace Imperial measurements.

Ah! Is this that strange retail outlet situated by the cross roads in Newtown, upon which is a sign of a golden M? I did not realise they sold food!! :giggle:

We in the more isolated areas do understand this "metric" idea, and do now count our sheep in tens, but are wondering when a day with have 10 hours, a week 10 days and a year 10 months. Verily tis better than the Baker's dozen!!

PS. I did not sell you your caravan - did I?

Only if you have a Adria dealership in Dorset!!

Why?

Ah! Is this that strange retail outlet situated by the cross roads in Newtown, upon which is a sign of a golden M? I did not realise they sold food!! :giggle:

We in the more isolated areas do understand this "metric" idea, and do now count our sheep in tens, but are wondering when a day with have 10 hours, a week 10 days and a year 10 months. Verily tis better than the Baker's dozen!!

Only if you have a Adria dealership in Dorset!!

Why?

Ahh! Newtown, gateway to the Mawddach Estuary and Mrs. Whites CL. Happy days.

Ha Ha - thanks for all replies - the Skoda mug looks exactly like the Rolson one, so if its more than £3.99 it's too much, if less, it's a bargain. Yeah, I know that a lot of things will fit, at a pinch, but the fact is that a lot of ones won't - the diameter of the hole is less than most vehicles out there, that is the point. Stop at a service station and chances are your coffee cup will be too big - FACT. It shouldn't be a tough one to fix, IMO.

So snug that I would not know if it would fit one where folk have added the chrome surround - I don't know if that intrudes into the hole further or not (TP, I think, note).

No the chrome surround sits on the top only and does not reduce the size of the "cupholder".

imgp5711.jpg