Best UK Car Dealers

mike 111

SKODA took its best car dealers throughout the UK to a special awards ceremony in Prague last week.February 2011. The all-expenses-paid jaunt was to mark a best-ever UK market share of 1.9 percent. But it was also to reward the firm’s three best UK car dealers.

They are:

• DM Keith Leeds

• Rainworth Skoda Mansfield

• Simpsons Skoda Great Yarmouth

It was actually the second year running for Simpsons Skoda’s Andrew Aldis. His secret? ‘It’s down to looking after our customers.

‘It feels like we’re all very close to the customers - they are very loyal and love the products.’

Good product should never be overlooked, he says. ‘The best cars for us in 2009 were the Yeti and the Fabia. We’re looking forward to the Superb Estate and to winning again in 2010,’ he said, confidently.

Other awards went to West Sussex Motors of Worthing who won the New Car Sales Retailer of the Year accolade, Benfield Motors of Newcastle who picked up the Used Car Sales Retailer of the Year award, and Alex Lawrie Skoda in Liverpool, winner of Aftersales Retailer of the Year.

The awards were presented by Skoda UK director Robert Hazelwood, who explained ‘these awards are our way of showing our retailers what a vital role they play in the success of the growth of our brand.

‘Our thanks go to all our retailers for their continued hard work and dedication.’

There could be even more for the top three though: the trio are now invited to the International Retailer of the Year awards held by Skoda Auto later in the year.

The above may explain why DM Keith matched DrivetheDeals price on my Yeti on the 31st December last year,probably they may just needed a few extra orders to secure a top three finish.

These are the previous years winners 2009

This years announced in february were

Mitchell, Chester; Sinclair, Swansea; and Carrs, Indian Queens

Other winners at the Retailer of the Year Awards were:

New vehicle sales: Rainworth Škoda, Mansfield

Fleet sales: Capitol Škoda, Newport

Marketing and PR: Mitchell Škoda, Chester

Training: David Ian Ltd, Morecambe

Facilities: Dennis Horton & Son Ltd, Lincoln

Used vehicle sales: Alex Lawrie, Liverpool

Aftersales performance: Beadles Škoda, Maidstone

Škoda Finance: DM Keith Group, Yorkshire

Customer satisfaction: Derek Slack Motors, Middlesborough

Where mine came from! McDemon will be pleased to note! :wonder:

Just shows how different people get alternative impressions. We went there and had a test drive,"Here're the keys, there's the car, tell us when you're back"! When we got back the guy we were supposed to see was busy talking to reps from Suzuki and we were told he would phone us the same day. We never got a phone call so went to Allams and saw James! Totally different experience and ordered from him.....

Fred

Alex Lawrie Skoda, top banana, their after sales is excellent. Tony on the service department is a top bloke, knows his stuff and nothing is to much trouble. Even though I don't own a Skoda, I take the wifes Polo their for servicing rather than trust the VW dealer that's just a couple of miles from us. Alex himself is often around and a nice down to earth bloke to chat to, if ever I came back to Skoda, they would be the place I would buy from :)

Wish some of them were a bit nearer to me! I don't have a lot of choice around by me....think i may take mine to Bridgnorth for servicing and book way in advance to ensure i get a courtesy car!