Where to get the best engine map for MPG on 2.0 140PS no DPF L&K Estate

Where to get the best engine map for MPG on 2.0 140PS no DPF L&K Estate?

I have so far 2 options that I have spoken to and sound trustworthy.

Diesel Bob and Shark

Does anyone have any experience of an economy/MPG improvoment map from either of these on a 2.0 140PS (if possible Occy Estate) and any personal experiences of MPG improvements or otherwise?

Thanks

Where to get the best engine map for MPG on 2.0 140PS no DPF L&K Estate?

I have so far 2 options that I have spoken to and sound trustworthy.

Diesel Bob and Shark

Does anyone have any experience of an economy/MPG improvoment map from either of these on a 2.0 140PS (if possible Occy Estate) and any personal experiences of MPG improvements or otherwise?

Thanks

Can only say that Ben at shark gave me a few more mpg and a little bit more go at the same time.....top man :thumbup:

Look at my Fuelly page - my car was remapped on 23rd December by Ben @ Shark :thumbup:

I would ignore the January mpg as it was -15 for most of it - but there is a difference between February and October/Novembers figures.

And there is more torque - lots more :rofl:

Ben was very helpful to chat to, and I am only keen on speaking to non revo resellers, I will only trust people who can create and maintain maps themselves.

What change in mpg would you see on a 70mph motorway run?

Most of my driving is motorway, so the increase from 48 to 52 average is probably about right.

The trip computer usually reads about 55 after a long motorway run, whereas before it was about 50.

I reckon about 10%.

The flip side is that it is all too easy to let loose the torque and lose the economy ......

The method the 2 firms use is slightly different, shark will map the car themselves, diesel bob copies off the map, sends it to a dyno house in Germany and can get a power/balanced/mpg map back and copy over the existing map. Diesel bob is just round the corner and offers a 28 day money back if your not happy.

Can you really map a car specifically for mpg/balanced/power?

Edited by lucy_t

The method the 2 firms use is slightly different, shark will map the car themselves, diesel bob copies off the map, sends it to a dyno house in Germany and can get a power/balanced/mpg map back and copy over the existing map. Diesel bob is just round the corner and offers a 28 day money back if your not happy.

Can you really map a car specifically for mpg/balanced/power?

you can certainly map for peak power - but it may not be the most drivable. a well written map will be smooth and provide the ballanced side and if done correctly will as a side effect give you the mpg.

there is a current group buy for the Shark maps and STS box click in my sig.

from all the reports on here Shark seem to be the way to go - not found a single complaint

you can certainly map for peak power - but it may not be the most drivable. a well written map will be smooth and provide the ballanced side and if done correctly will as a side effect give you the mpg.

there is a current group buy for the Shark maps and STS box click in my sig.

from all the reports on here Shark seem to be the way to go - not found a single complaint

It is very compelling reading about Shark as people complain very quickly and there is no mentions I have found on the forum.

Only issue I have is that I am aiming for MPG, not torque/power even though they will most likely be related as you will increase the burn per stroke to increase torque to get the car to the required speed ASAP negating the requirement for more engine cycles burning more fuel less efficiently.

I have the same car you have (PD140 L&K Estate) and it is shark mapped.

According to Road Trip on my phone over the last 8k miles I'm averaging just over 52mpg for mixed driving. So Ben's map is definately the one I would choose :)

It is very compelling reading about Shark as people complain very quickly and there is no mentions I have found on the forum.

Only issue I have is that I am aiming for MPG, not torque/power even though they will most likely be related as you will increase the burn per stroke to increase torque to get the car to the required speed ASAP negating the requirement for more engine cycles burning more fuel less efficiently.

Speak to Ben - I think you will find there is no such thing as an 'economy map'.

At the end of the day, a remap will make your engine more efficient - from a given amount of fuel you get more torque.

Economy is all down to how you drive - just because you have more power, you don't have to use it!!

I have driven at a steady 60mph for 10 miles on the motorway today after the engine had warmed up and averaged 60mpg by being gentle with the throttle, and I know my trip computer is pretty accurate.

I can get 65 if I drive at 55mph.

But, I drive at 70mph most of the time and get about 55ish.

There is a group buy on a remap and the STS unit with Shark at the moment - put your name down, you won't be disappointed with Ben and his maps, it is well worth a trip to sunny Mansfield!