DRL and Cornering fogs Pre FL?

Can they be activated on pre FL cars? If not what can be activated on PRE FL VRS? Also i have seen this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320619956494&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT?

Does anyone have these DRL on there pre fl cars?

It is possible to activate DRL's on pre-facelift Octavia's, however they utilise the existing bulbs rather than having seperate ones like on the facelift.

There are two options:

1) North American.

This activates the front dipped headlights only. They turn on when the handbrake is released and turn off when it is applied again.

2) Scandinavian.

This activates dipped headlights, sidelights, tail lights and number plate lights. They turn on when the engine is running and turn off when the engine is stopped.

These two options can be activated by your local Skoda dealer or a friendly member with VCDS.

The white vRS at Rainworth following your link has had aftermarket LED DRL's fitted by its previous owner. There is a thread on here with some examples of where to buy and how to fit them, I'll try and find it for you...

Also how about the fogs that come on when going round corners below 30mph.

This is quite easily done - you just need someone with VCDS/VAGCOM and the required know-how. VRSTu did mine with about 8 key presses, likewise you can enable dual rear fog lights and auto hazzards on under emergency braking in a similar way... Edited by No Waiting

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I now have vcds and have managed to activate:

Drl at 35% instead of 92% this dims fog lights so they won't blind people now this is a permanent thing so whn I do use fogs they will be dim compared to normal but in all honesty they don't make know difference when they are on.

Auto lock/unlock

Emergency braking hazard light on

Second rear fog light

Leaving home lights the one where lights come on when you unlock can't do it when you lock car though.

Alarm beeps when I lock doors

I was hoping I could activate cornering fogs but I can't see the option in long code helper so does anyone have any idea on how to activate cornering fog lights?

saying that it seems that the fog lights light intensity goes back to normal when i switch fogs on. So 35% intensity when fogs are in drl mode and when i switch fogs on they go to 92% light intensity. So win win there.

Still need info on cornering fogs? I got a feeling maybe they cant be enabled!

saying that it seems that the fog lights light intensity goes back to normal when i switch fogs on. So 35% intensity when fogs are in drl mode and when i switch fogs on they go to 92% light intensity. So win win there.

Still need info on cornering fogs? I got a feeling maybe they cant be enabled!

How many bytes does your CECM have?

Cornering lights are only available on 30Byte versions which started from

3C0 937 049 AJ

I had to change my older version to get this

How did you change your old version? I def dont have cornering light option. Have looked at the guides on how to activate and options just are not there.

Update: I take it you mean change physical module? If so i may not bother as i dont think it would be worth it.

Edited by donovan

Can you tell me exactly what options i need to look at to enable cornering fogs as all the guides i have seen have refered to early facelift models and im not sure if this is the same method for pre fl

How did you change your old version? I def dont have cornering light option. Have looked at the guides on how to activate and options just are not there.

It is easy to change. Although I have a Golf,I'm sure the Octavia is the same. I would start by removing the footwell trim in the drivers side to have a look to see where it is should be below the fuse box. Using Vag-com make a screen shot of every byte of your current CECM.

Part numbers for Highend CECM 30byte

3C0 937 049 AJ

3C0 937 049 AL

3C8 937 049 F

3C8 937 049 S

3C8 937 049 AB

3C8 937 049 AC

Disconnect your battery, Take a picture or note down where the relays and plugs go and unplug all the plugs and remove it.

Refit the new one and using the screen shots off your old one code the new one, clear the faults.

Take it this means i cant activate the cornering fogs. Is there no way bytes can be added with out replacing module?

correct, you would need to change the module

there is some company Vag-Can-Pro that has a product that can flash certain modules to change them, but I don't know much about that

Have I read this right, on the pre-FL Octavia without DRL's you can activate a function using VCDS that uses the front fog lights so they act as DRL's by illuminating dimmer?

Yes your correct but you set the light output have been told not to go below 65/70 or this will shorten life of the bulb. 70% seems to do the trick thats 22% less light when on for DRL than when on for normal fogs.

Thanks Donovan,

I'd like to try and activate this on my Scout.

Is there any chance you could explain the procedure on how this is done, I'll then try and find someone local to me with VCDS. Having a step-by-step procedure to hand will hopefully make it a quick and easy process if I am able to find someone willing to help for some beer tokens...

Also, a couple more questions :giggle:

Do you know if they come on with the ignition or when the engine is started?

Do they go off when you select side/head lights?

Many thanks :thumbup:

• Like 1

anyone who you find with VCDS will know how to do it. Its pretty simple and just make sure they adjust the fog lights to 70& instead of standard 92%. If you dont you will blind drivers.

As for drl they come on when handbrake is down and go off when handbrake is up they also switch off when headlights turn on.

Thanks Donovan,

I'd like to try and activate this on my Scout.

Is there any chance you could explain the procedure on how this is done, I'll then try and find someone local to me with VCDS. Having a step-by-step procedure to hand will hopefully make it a quick and easy process if I am able to find someone willing to help for some beer tokens...

Also, a couple more questions :giggle:

Do you know if they come on with the ignition or when the engine is started?

Do they go off when you select side/head lights?

Many thanks :thumbup:

Thanks mate!

I was curious on how you specify the front fogs instead of dipped headlights, but if as you say it is straight forward I'll try and hunt someone down in York with VCDS!

:thumbup:

• 11 months later...