Women love compliments, even when......

cmcm789

One of williams posts has got me thinking, don't hit the back button yet, hear me out. Over the years i have realised the best way to soften up a woman is to pay her a compliment. I have even tested this method using one of my mates who was single at the time:

We were out one night and he was on the pull. He never was any good at chatting up females, as his sense of humour is sarcasm, and most girls don't appreciate it. Anyway, i told him to pick a female, and pay her a compliment, and that should get her talking to him. He did. He stopped 2 girls and told the first one that he thought her hair was lovely and really suited her..... Bingo, she stopped. She was chuffed, and started talking to him. Unfortunately he took the white lies a bit to far, and when she asked why he thought her hair was nice, he said it was because he was a hairdresser (he's a joiner). This was still ok, until he told her friend that her hair could do with some work. End of conversation.

The point is, females love compliments, even when deep down they know you are only saying something to soften them up. And, even when they know themselves that your lying, they still live in hope.

Its a pitty i didn't realise this until after i left uni :mad:

JD

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of williams posts has got me thinking' date=' don't hit the back button yet, hear me out. Over the years i have realised the best way to soften up a woman is to pay her a compliment. I have even tested this method using one of my mates who was single at the time:

We were out one night and he was on the pull. He never was any good at chatting up females, as his sense of humour is sarcasm, and most girls don't appreciate it. Anyway, i told him to pick a female, and pay her a compliment, and that should get her talking to him. He did. He stopped 2 girls and told the first one that he thought her hair was lovely and really suited her..... Bingo, she stopped. She was chuffed, and started talking to him. Unfortunately he took the white lies a bit to far, and when she asked why he thought her hair was nice, he said it was because he was a hairdresser (he's a joiner). This was still ok, until he told her friend that her hair could do with some work. End of conversation.

The point is, females love compliments, even when deep down they know you are only saying something to soften them up. And, even when they know themselves that your lying, they still live in hope.

Its a pitty i didn't realise this until after i left uni :mad:

JD[/quote']

I am sure men are the same. If a girl came upto me and complimented me on my appearance (actually happened on Monday but sadly she was a mature woman :(), I would almost certainly talk to her.

I am sure men are the same. If a girl came upto me and complimented me on my appearance (actually happened on Monday but sadly she was a mature woman :(), I would almost certainly talk to her.

I concur. Getting the feeling that someone fancies you can be a powerful aphrodisiac. (I say can be after what Will's just said!)

I don't think men take it so seriously though. If a female says she likes your hair, you say cheers, start chatting her up and forget about it.

If it is the other way round, a woman will dwell on it, and the compliment will lodge itself in her head.

Basically (and this is crude) a man will take a compliment and think he's in there, but the woman giving the compliment will only mean it as just a compliment (generally).

A woman will take a compliment as a compliment, and a man will give a compliment to try to get in there.

It is all instinctive, and whatever way you look at it, it all leads back to sex!

JD

Oh thats odd' date=' on the 'Big Baps and Furry Cup' forum I can say A*rse and not get blanked, new to me.

[/quote']

That doesn't surprise me...I imagine blanking the word A**e on there would be equivalent to us blanking the word "Fabia" on here... :D

Rob.

Althoughonly 33 I like to thin i have a wise head on these young shoulders o before I set off to work and part more knowledge with my young fledgling staff let me leave you with this thought:-

When it come to choosing a wife, choose them like your shoes. You can go for the attractive fashionable ones, but theyll cost you a fortune and only last 5 mins I chose the Hush Puppies, not the best looking on the shelf but will last you a life time and a damn site cheaper!!!

When it come to choosing a wife' date=' choose them like your shoes. You can go for the attractive fashionable ones, but theyll cost you a fortune and only last 5 mins I chose the Hush Puppies, not the best looking on the shelf but will last you a life time and a damn site cheaper!!![/quote']

True, but It's still nice to slip into something fashionable now and again!

When it come to choosing a wife' date=' choose them like your shoes. You can go for the attractive fashionable ones, but theyll cost you a fortune and only last 5 mins I chose the Hush Puppies, not the best looking on the shelf but will last you a life time and a damn site cheaper!!![/quote']

Now there's a compliment no woman (or wife :eek: ) could fail to be impressed by ... Are you sure you're on the right track (ROFL) ?

Regards

Mo

Now there's a compliment no woman (or wife :eek: ) could fail to be impressed by ... Are you sure you're on the right track (ROFL) ?

Regards

Mo

Do you think thats why I have to keep telling my wife how lucky she is and how much she loves me?

Have been for the last 9 years now, think she's starting to believe me!

Do you think thats why I have to keep telling my wife how lucky she is and how much she loves me?

Have been for the last 9 years now' date=' think she's starting to believe me![/quote']

You know that watch that you keep swaying before her eyes whilst saying "You are now under my command" - any chance of posting the name and manufacture? Could be handy for use on whole number of people, e.g.......... (Tee hee)

Mo

My good sir you are being manipulated badly, the women are using the possibility of sex to get you to give them what they want, are they giving you the goods, or just talking to you?

My pulling days followed several evolutions:-

0-16 - look and letch, but only the odd bit of success, normally involving being the last free male at a party

17-18 - buying girls drinks as an intro in pubs and clubs :) - soon realised this was a mugs game. Self drprecating humour and lots of friendships with girls, but not much success, had a bit too much of a Hugh Grant thing going on, big floppy hair friendly smile and a bit bashfull

19 - 20 I learnt to use eye contact. Dropped the modesty, figured someone had to blow my trumpet, Getting a car helped :) Still a bit too eager to pull. Not unsuccessfull but worrying too much about success to enjoy the experience

21 - 23 this was where I figured out that big headedness really does work, lots of eye contact, and grins make sure I read their eyes right before approaching, humour was mainly sexist, blonde jokes etc. Learnt to enjoy the hunt :) My sure fire chat up line? just introducing my self with a big grin and a handshake, keep the humour going and the pace fast and fun. I found the best method of success was to keep a woman laughing

23+ Married a beautifull girl, got 2 kids and one on the way :) dinner is on the table for when I get home and drinks are served cold on request :) I still keep my wife laughing

so I went from a nice guy with no success to a big headed sexist pig and figured thats what women really want ;)

I'm no good at chatting women up. Probably never will be... doesnt help the fact I have a gut the size of the moon either. I've always been crap with women. Have done everything the guy above has said, nothing ever seems to work. I've pretty much given up TBH.

I'm not the type to feel sorry for myself, and I dont, I just dont see the point. Probably be single for life. Oh well, at least I can live the bachelors lifestyle for the rest of my life... the domestic bliss scenario never really appealed to me anyway. Live fast and die young is my motto :)

Strangely enough, some of my mates come to me for advice. I give it and it works for them, but my own advice doesnt seem to work for me. I am truly baffled by that TBH. Maybe I should just try it on with fat mingers :rofl:

I'm no good at chatting women up. Probably never will be... doesnt help the fact I have a gut the size of the moon either. I've always been crap with women. Have done everything the guy above has said' date=' nothing ever seems to work. I've pretty much given up TBH.

I'm not the type to feel sorry for myself, and I dont, I just dont see the point. Probably be single for life. Oh well, at least I can live the bachelors lifestyle for the rest of my life... the domestic bliss scenario never really appealed to me anyway. Live fast and die young is my motto :)

Strangely enough, some of my mates come to me for advice. I give it and it works for them, but my own advice doesnt seem to work for me. I am truly baffled by that TBH. Maybe I should just try it on with fat mingers :rofl:[/quote']

Paul you don't have to lower yourself to fat mingers. Come on, pull yourself together, there are plenty of great looking women out there who will sleep with you. Remember, never rule out prostitutes :thumbup:

P.s. Why not try a Thai bride. Some of those girls look fantastic, and you are assured that they will be eternally greatful, if you know what i mean :woohoo:

JD

If you are 'looking for someone', but aren't any good at chatting women up, have you considered some sort of dating service? Seriously, that's how I met my fiancee. We both got some stick from our respective mates when we signed up to internet dating, but we met each other on it, and have never looked back... :)

Better not give you the whole soppy story, because

a) It's not very manly,

B) I'll start sounding like a women's magazine, and

c) I'll send this thread waaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy off topic :D

Chin up, pal - she'll come along sooner or later :)

Jokes aside, i really do think speed dating is an excellent idea. If i were single again now (28 yrs old), i would definitely give it a go. It would improve your ability to chat to women, and you don't feel compelled to impress.

Seems like the fun of a first date, without all the pressure.

JD