Dreaded MOT again.

MOT today, the first in my ownership.

Failed on 11 items with two advisories :doh:

Don't remember any of my cars failing on so many counts ( is this a record on here?)

Anyway not so bad when you list them.

2 counts for Green led side lights! (oops)

3 counts for the orange indicator bulbs not being the correct orange (color flaking off)

1 for the dangly air freshener on the mirror.

1 for my Speedo HUD which uses a small reflective sheet on the windscreen

1 for N/S droplink.

1 rear break caliper seized/binding

1 for front brakes imabalanced

and finally 1 for N/S headlamp aim low.

All discs are on a warning and a lower suspension ball joint boot split.

Really not that bad as most easily rectified.

Fortunately this week off to do work.

Could do with recommendations on Brake discs, dont want to spend mad mony but would like something decent maybe EBC? Grooved? any advice gratefully received.

Edited by goonybird

That's a fail, obstructing the drivers view of the road. On the face of it, it seems pedantic, but as the cars failed on other things it's not going to make a jot of difference to the test outcome. However, if VOSA are waiting around the corner, not failing it on this could lead to a disciplinary for the tester.

On the other hand if it's the only fail item, the tester should fail it, then remove/tuck it out of the way above the mirror and then issue a pass.

Ive just put front discs and pads on my vrs, bosch items from andrew pages, 120 quid for discs and pads,

Had groved discs once before on another car, never again, there quiet noisy

Rear brakes sticking seems to be quiet a common thing aswell, ive had to unseize my drivers rear caliper cos it was sticking / binding,

Done a few cv boots on different vag cars in past (work at a garage) aswell and it looks like my vrs has had a at least one in past

Had EBC grooved discs with cheapo pads on the sierra, the discs lost their grooves in under 10k and the pads were only worn 1/2 way :wonder:

I'm due discs n pads soon, so far pajid discs n pads seem he highest rated on here, still watching tho incase anything else comes up lol

Thanks for advice.

Got my pass ticket today. :thumbup:

So back to the important stuff :D

Still like the look and price of EBC or Brembo standard (non grooved) brakes.

Edited by goonybird