Variable servicing

My TSI105 DSG came with fixed Service intervals and I have just had the 10k service done for £188 incl loan car insurance. I have asked them to switch to variable servicing which they have done and they have used Long life oil.

My question is can I tell in the Maxidot display ( or anywhere else)if it is now Variable?

Interestingly I called 2 other local dealers for quotes and both were adamant that the Fabia could not be switched to Variable despite what is shown in the handbook.

Does anyone know who is right?

Anyone with vcds can check for you.

£188 is very steep for 1st oil inspection service. Did you shop around 1st?

Their price with standard oil is £149 The other two one was more one was less but the cheaper one is much less convenient

Forgive my ignorance but what is vcds.

Think the other two are correct. Unless you have QG1 in your code it will not be able to switch.

Best to check with SUK on their position as it is your warranty at stake.

I am pretty sure mine is QG0 - if it cant be switched how does one get it as it wasnt offered as an option by the supplying dealer even though I asked for it.

I was told you can't put the Fabia on long life or extended servicing because it lacks the oil "sludge" sensor of the Octavia.

You need it to tell the car when the oil needs changing. So fixed only.

With the ignition on but the car not running, press the mileage reset button on the instrument panel. The days and miles until the next service will show up. well at least it does on my car and I think it will do so on the Fabia.

Ian

With the ignition on but the car not running, press the mileage reset button on the instrument panel. The days and miles until the next service will show up. well at least it does on my car and I think it will do so on the Fabia.

Ian

[/quo

I have Maxidot so the Next Service info is under the Setup menu but when I select it the Days and Miles to Next Service is blank. I believe that this display wasnt there in the Setup menu prior to my dealer saying he had switched it to variable but I could be wrong as its 6 months since I got the car and looked at the Setup menu.

If on variable, the car will take 500 miles before it figures out the next service, so says to me they did change it.

VCDS will tell you for sure, and confirm if you've got the oil sensor needed for variable.

Thanks for that - I have just looked at the handbook Page 18 which states that the Service Interval display is the same for Variable QG1 as it is for QG2 Fixed which suggests that the Fabia can be Variable. Will update when I have done 500 miles in a fortnight or so.

Thanks for that - I have just looked at the handbook Page 18 which states that the Service Interval display is the same for Variable QG1 as it is for QG2 Fixed which suggests that the Fabia can be Variable. Will update when I have done 500 miles in a fortnight or so.

My car now says that I have 18000 miles before the next service so Variable Servicing is possible on Fabias.

As for the other 2 dealers perhaps we need to have a log of poor advice that Briskys have had from their dealers!