Changing my order?

Sprockutt

I placed a £500 deposit against a Yeti two weeks ago and am expecting to take delivery around mid-May. However, the 2012 updated model has just been announced and the first of these will be arriving in the UK at the end of June. So my question is this...where do I stand on asking my dealer to effectively re-order my car?

I would prefer the extra practicality of the flat folding front seat and the option of a DAB radio but am unsure as to what my chances are of this happening? I called the dealer today and they said that they said that they didn't have much information on it do but come in and speak to the manager. :S

At the present rate of progress you will be lucky to see your (two weeks ago ordered) Yeti this side of July!!

Yeti's ordered in November last year are not expected until late April/Early May, and you've had Clarkson singing it's praises since then !!

At the present rate of progress you will be lucky to see your (two weeks ago ordered) Yeti this side of July!!

Yeti's ordered in November last year are not expected until late April/Early May, and you've had Clarkson singing it's praises since then !!

As far as I understand it the six/seven month lead times applies to diesels only. My Yeti is a 1.2TSI SE manual.

As far as I understand it the six/seven month lead times applies to diesels only. My Yeti is a 1.2TSI SE manual.

You may get the dealer to re-order but I feel you would lose your deposit.

My 1.2 DSG should be built this week,thats nine weeks from order.

Can only but ask, although I suspect the dealers won't know much about what options if any may change. Depends on SUK and whether they decide to communicate to those outside their cocoon at Milton Keynes.

As a side note ordered 16 weeks ago and have probably another 10 to go :doh:

TP

Can only but ask, although I suspect the dealers won't know much about what options if any may change. Depends on SUK and whether they decide to communicate to those outside their cocoon at Milton Keynes.

As a side note ordered 16 weeks ago and have probably another 10 to go :doh:

TP

Same here, ordered 18 weeks ago and as it currently stands, another 8/10 weeks to collection - and that's a petrol 1.2TSi DSG. :(

We actually don't know what the changes (if any) will be for MY12 cars. Once I do know I shall put a post up so everyone knows.

1.2TSi manuals are coming through fairly quickly at the moment.

We actually don't know what the changes (if any) will be for MY12 cars. Once I do know I shall put a post up so everyone knows.

1.2TSi manuals are coming through fairly quickly at the moment.

Thanks for the update. I thought that the dealers would be pretty much in the dark at the moment. Although you would assume Skoda will be updating the MY12 information fairly soon if the first cars will be arriving in the UK at the end of June.

Remember that Sod's law always applies. If you change your order you'll have to wait even longer . The Spec changes you fancy might not be available in the U.K......The list is almost endless.

(Panoramic sunroof anyone?) :doh:

Edited by bilun777

Thanks for the update. I thought that the dealers would be pretty much in the dark at the moment. Although you would assume Skoda will be updating the MY12 information fairly soon if the first cars will be arriving in the UK at the end of June.

We are talking Skoda UK here remember :giggle: Updated brochure tends to arrive after the changes have already made an appearance on the cars themselves and most dealers don't keep up to speed either.

TP

Same here, ordered 18 weeks ago and as it currently stands, another 8/10 weeks to collection - and that's a petrol 1.2TSi DSG. :(

Bassa,what spec did you order,my final spec with added options went to my dealer on 10/1/11, its now in transit to the docks at Emden.

Bassa,what spec did you order,my final spec with added options went to my dealer on 10/1/11, its now in transit to the docks at Emden.

Its the Elegance 1.2TSi DSG with Columbus, RRP, TPM, Silver RR. & Spare wheel. Think the hold up is due to the DSG transmission element and my provisional build has now moved forward one week to 14, so confirmation should be soon. If that remains and allowing 4 weeks to collection, then the total time from ordering would be 28 weeks, a similar lead time currently being experienced with the diesels.

Edited by Bassa

Once the factory decide on any spec changes, they feed this through to SkodaUK and they usually tell us within a couple of days what the updates will be.

If I had to guess what the changes may be-

Introduction of more exterior colour options

Introduction of a couple of new options, perhaps KESSY & maybe the cheaper sat-nav system as found on the Fabia.

It would be fantastic if another engine was added to the line up or something but I think there isn't a need for one, apart from maybe the 1.4TSi Twincharged engine as found in the Fabia vRS that would be awesome! But I can't see it happening!

I guess we shall find out soon enough.

Its the Elegance 1.2TSi DSG with Columbus, RRP, TPM, Silver RR. & Spare wheel. Think the hold up is due to the DSG transmission element and my provisional build has now moved forward one week to 14, so confirmation should be soon. If that remains and allowing 4 weeks to collection, then the total time from ordering would be 28 weeks, a similar lead time currently being experienced with the diesels.

Mine is similar spec without columbus and RRP,but with added park assist and heated screen.

I estimate mine to be 11/12 weeks from order to collection.

Edited by mike 111

If I had to guess what the changes may be-

Introduction of more exterior colour options

Introduction of a couple of new options, perhaps KESSY & maybe the cheaper sat-nav system as found on the Fabia.

I'd expect ESP to be a standard fitment on all models too, being that it will be law from November 2011. Also, all Elegance models have ESP, yet the price difference engine-for-engine is the same on variants with/ without throughtout the rest of the range, one hopes this will be at no increased cost on E, S and SE 2wd manual models. We can but hope.

Mine is similar spec without columbus and RRP,but with added park assist and heated screen.

I estimate mine to be 11/12 weeks from order to collection.

Take it that it is a manual ?

Take it that it is a manual ?

No,its DSG.

When I put my final spec to the dealers I put options on which I hoped would slow my order down,the reason being I had my 18 month old vauxhall insignia elite to sell which I was allowing 6-8 or more weeks to sell.

In fact in the end that sold fairly quickly.I dont know why its been build so quickly.

No,its DSG.

When I put my final spec to the dealers I put options on which I hoped would slow my order down,the reason being I had my 18 month old vauxhall insignia elite to sell which I was allowing 6-8 or more weeks to sell.

In fact in the end that sold fairly quickly.I dont know why its been build so quickly.

Do you have a confirmed build week or is it only provisional?

Having just specced a Roomster the actual kit you get is not very clear. In the 01/11 brochure it says rear drums brakes are standard, when you build one on the Skoda website it states rear disc brakes are standard. All the models in the dealer showroom had rear discs. Even the dealer was not sure and said they could not guarantee what type of rear brakes the car would be fitted with. It seems to depend what engine and gearbox combination is specified as to what is and is not fitted e.g. all DSG cars seem to have ESP whilst on others it is an option.

In the old days, discs were essential for ABS to work as it couldn't operate with drum brakes - ESP, of course, uses the ABS to operate. However, modern systems work perfectly well with drums.

I've never understood the general concern people have with drums; less maintenance, cheaper to maintain when it's required and perfectly capable of working on the back of many cars (let's be honest, the back brakes are there only to stop the rear end taking-over the front!). Our A2 FSI has rear discs and they are complete overkill but required for the top speed I believe (126mph) - in every way our A2 TDI is quicker yet has rear drums; never once has it felt remotely 'under braked'. A2's with rear discs are known for needing replacement due to corrossion rather than wear...

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted our dealer about the MY12 updates and asked about the possibility of canceling and re-ordering when SUK confirm the new specs. Richard, the manager at Parks then contacted his Area Manager with the information supplied on the BRISKODA site. My link

They have now agreed to our request and our present financial agreed deal with the existing order will be held. Any price increases or additional MY12 options that we choose will obviously be added onto that agreement. We like the possibility of the new front folding passer seat, DAB option, electric folding door mirrors, folding tables, MDI/USB option (hopefully) and maybe even the new Lava Blue colour.

So all in all I have been delighted with helpfulness of Richard & Jason at Parks Skoda. We were happy enough with the deal they worked hard to put together for us and they were decent enough to put my case forward and get the result we were looking for. I suppose this is one of the benefits of buying with a dealer rather than the keener Drive the Deal type options I considered. Hopefully I'll still be singing their praises if I get any hassle with the Yeti! ;)