Yeti family growth

Bassa

That is very misleading! The smaller version is NOT going to be a small Yeti. There might be a Yeti Combi coming for sure, but the smaller Škoda is their version of the VW UP. I gave the production numbers and when it will start rolling of the line in this thread. This is typical clutching at straws journalism from Autoexpress.

Have come across speculation somewhere :wonder: regard the next generation Fabia (if there is one) getting the 4x4 system from the A1 for the Scout model.

TP

There is a car that could be quite interesting. 4x4 Fabia. B)

• 2 weeks later...

There is no point in a small 4x4 supermini in this country - they never sell that well (Subaru Justy, Panda 4x4 to name but 2).

The A1 quattro will doubtless get slated for being too heavy for such a small car and not needing 4wd.

I am trying to find out more about a bigger Yeti (or bigger Skoda SUV), as my replacement for my Superb may not wait a bit and I have gleaned from rumours that it might happen. Do we know anything concrete (I have tried to look at the Geneva concepts, but again, work internet access is frustrating things)?

Have come across speculation somewhere :wonder: regard the next generation Fabia (if there is one) getting the 4x4 system from the A1 for the Scout model.

TP

That's what I have heard as well. The new Fabia will use the same platform as the A1, so they will be able to do a 4x4 Fabia or even Roomster, if they don't kill it.....

The current floorplan is not compatible with 4x4 systems.

Mike

I am trying to find out more about a bigger Yeti (or bigger Skoda SUV), as my replacement for my Superb may not wait a bit and I have gleaned from rumours that it might happen. Do we know anything concrete (I have tried to look at the Geneva concepts, but again, work internet access is frustrating things)?

Join the club - I've been trying to find some more info on any upcoming larger Skoda models for a while but without success.

I assume a larger Yeti could potentially be based on the VW Touareg?? Now there's a car that I'd be interested to see! :p

Join the club - I've been trying to find some more info on any upcoming larger Skoda models for a while but without success.

I assume a larger Yeti could potentially be based on the VW Touareg?? Now there's a car that I'd be interested to see! :p

i think the rumours might refer to a largish MPV. This also seems more natural Skoda territory than a large 4x4 (though a stretched Yeti seems credible).

Please ,if you want a Toerag ,buy one.

One of the main attractions of the Yeti is it's compact size.:yes:

Just a 20 cm stretch of the boot space would make the Yeti utility much better. Personally, I do not need any more speace inside, but a larger boot would be a HUGE advantage.

Why should I get my wallet malleted with a Toureg? Skoda should realise (as Nissan did very quickly with the Qashquai) that it is perhaps JUST a bit cramped compared to less versatil, but admittedly larger cars (my superb for instance).

A slightly larger boot would make it tick all the boxes and not just for those magazine reviewers who read the boot volume and say "it's smaller than a golf, so less practical".

I am sure though, that as before in my experience, I will order the Yeti and THEN they'll announce something slightly bigger - I went from Octavia Estate (biggest I could get then - Superb wasn't an option with a dog), to a Superb hatch, as the Combi wasn't due for another 6 months +. then the estate came out and now the Yeti seems to meet more of my needs than the Superb would (unecessarily large car - not packaged as well).

Oh well...and if this seems a bit of a rambling post, it's early monday, I forgot the clocks were shifting, 2 under 4 sleep thieves at home who don't work to clocks, just routine and one of them (youngest) decided last night was a good night to start waking up in the middle...