Rear wiper

Hi all.

Bit of an odd one, I'm finding the rear wiper comes on randomly, havnt found a pattern to it yet but it's not often, every minute maybe, but not regular.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Either the wiper stalk, or you have water ingress into the rear motor, possibly caused by the rear washer pipe leaking inside the tailgate trim.

i had a similar problem, when i had no wipers on, and the stalk in the normal postion, my front wipers would just randonly come on, eventuly i found a way to stop it by turning the rear wiper on but then the rear wiper ater a few wipes just stoped and froze, so eventuly i diconected the rear wiper at the motor and my window wipers work as normal, i thought since i disconected the rear wiper motor that it might be the rear wiper motor thats nackered, maybe someone with more know how can help us both!!

sesachc - your problem is definitely water ingress into the rear wiper motor, as per my initial post in this thread. Take the motor out, clean it up and hope or get a new motor. Check for leaking washer jet pipework, and the gromet/seals around the spline / washer pipe exit.

sesachc - your problem is definitely water ingress into the rear wiper motor, as per my initial post in this thread. Take the motor out, clean it up and hope or get a new motor. Check for leaking washer jet pipework, and the gromet/seals around the spline / washer pipe exit.

aye mate i'll need to i love my clear view to much

Yep very common problem with the Rear wiper. Very bad design. When operating the washer jets the water runs through the wiper asm and out through a rubber pipe to wiper arm jet. After a while the inner wiper asm metal tube corrodes and the water starts leaking into the electric's in the asm, and then very strange things happen like wiper comes on by itself, or does not stop where it should etc etc.

Only real fix is replace it with a new one.

Ok, it's getting more frequent and I need to go out later, really don't want it to carry on with it making the awful noise of dry wier on dry screen, for the time being can I remove a fuse to kill it until I get chance to take it in? If so which fuse?

Cheers

Just done a search and it seems fuse 27 is the one, gonna whip it out and see what's what

just remove plastic rear hatch panel and unplug the rear wiper asm. :thumbup: