i bought my first skoda, needed a cheap runner so i bought this of my sister in-law.

its solid as a rock pretty clean too apart from a couple of parking dints on the front wings.

WP_000108.jpg

WP_000106.jpg

it really suprised me when i bought it with it having e/w, pas, c/l, twin airbags and a front strut brace! hahaha!

so i thought i would keep it for abit and have a play

WP_000112.jpg

WP_000114.jpg

picked up some cheap p slots and got busy with sum rattle cans

WP_000131.jpg

WP_000147.jpg

WP_000139.jpg

WP_000140.jpg

WP_000136.jpg

i know this wont be to everyones taste, but its only a laugh, and turns heads lol.

Primed the wheels, painted the P's, masked them then painted the wheels matt black then added decals and laquered.

Drivers window sticks sometimes and I never bother with the alarm, no one would nick it haha.

I never bother with the alarm, no one would nick it haha.

They might damage the car if they were just after a joy ride and did not know there is an immobiliser. Also there's the jokers who hope there's a sat nav/stereo front in the glove box. P155 heads, and chavs like to damage cars for no reason whatsoever. It's arguable whether an alarm helps prevent chavs and smack heads damaging your car though, as often the noise excites them and they come back for more.

Interesting, never realised there was not a glove box in Felicias with a passenger airbag. I guess this follows on from the Favorit design with the airbag replacing the top glovebox lid.

key word there, "chav mobile" got some kid behind the wheel who thinks he's an F1 driver. I've had 33 cars 28 have had chopped springs, 4 were metros and 1 a pug. Chopping springs is no different than buying a cheap set of lowering springs.

<Cue the debate about spring rates, tempering and metallurgy...>

Actually, could we just skip ahead and summarise the whole thing by saying that just because someone with a bit of sense and experience can get away with doing something inadvisable, does not make that thing any less inadvisable. Particularly when it could be downright hazardous if attempted by someone without aforementioned sense and experience.

I'm happy to believe that in this case the risk may be minimal, but to condone the general practice of DIY spring chopping as "non dangerous" is downright irresponsible. Sorry, but it does have to be said.

I have this debate on every forum, end of the day the cheap lowering springs, jamex g-max etc are just as dangerous as shortened OEM springs they mass produced bab! With no consideration to there durability at all.

By the way 33 cars is an awful lot, which does also say something. How long have you been driving? And by the way, your car does scream 'pull me daily', and I hope all your mods have been declared to your insurance company, if not, you are risking plod seizing the car for invalid insurance.

Lol im well known with the local plod, i park with them everyday at work. I'm usually in the wifes car when im not working. And 33 cars is due to boredom no crashes no convictions, just pure boredom.

Linky Dinky

I suspect:

A) That would be an instant pull-me-over car, plus being blue, it's worth 5 points

B) If you've had the money to mess-up 28 cars, this would have been far more fun to have spent the money on. :-)