Black headlights Octy FL

I'm not keen on the chrome grill surround and there's a lot of chrome in the headlamp assembly's. I'd like to wrap the grill surround black but i think the headlights will then look naff because there's so much chrome in them.

Anyone know if it's possible to source OEM look headlamps, just with black insides?

Failing that, anyone know if it's possible to split the headlamp assembly glass / plastic off? I've seen other cars where you can put the headlamp in the oven to melt the bond with the glass but these are plastic fronts not glass. They're not screwed on, they're bonded on - i guess so that if you get a stone chip you need a whole new light cluster rather than just a lens...

I took out a headlight the other day to paint the insides black. it's not impossible but close. I gave up.

gonna laminx them - although i'm also waiting for a member who works for a sign writing company to come back to me with a price.

I suppose i could use laminex to do the grill as well, a la skodaphile :thumbup: probably a shed load cheaper too.

Just worried about lowering light output with laminex, or is it like window tints - one direction light goes through easily and the other it gets blocked?

is it like window tints - one direction light goes through easily and the other it gets blocked?

That is not right at all!!

The reason windows look darker from the outside than the inside is because there is less light inside the car than outside. The amount of light capable of travelling through each way is the same. The only way to change that is by having a reflective surface on 1 side.

When looking in from the outside the light coming from inside the car has passed through the windows twice (unless the interior lights are on) - first time when it illumnates the interior, 2nd time when it reflects of objects inside and back thorough the window to you, the observer.

When looking out from inside, the light has passed through just once- from objects outside to you the observer on the inside.

Edited by eccleshill