been vinyl wrapping

OctyNik

if i had enough wrap i'd love to do my desk! Sadly years of soldering, airfix model making, generally stabbery and disecting various machines has taken its toll :rofl:

here it is all fitted

post-42046-0-22012200-1299866551_thumb.jpg

the car is being worked on so it's messy inside. I usually keep it spotless - 'tis my baby!

Edited by OctyNik

• 1 month later...

Hi, looks great!!

Where did you get the white carbon fibre wrap from?

Ive just painted the inside of mine!! not completly happy though as the seats arent a pure white!!

Can post pics if anyone is interested!!

Cheers Ian

Hi, looks great!! Where did you get the white carbon fibre wrap from? Ive just painted the inside of mine!! not completly happy though as the seats arent a pure white!! Can post pics if anyone is interested!! Cheers Ian

Thanks dude! I got it from eBay, it was about a tenner for a big sheet. I ordered two large sheets incase of FUBAR. I'd like to see some piccies!

how difficult was it to get the trim off ?

Right, it is quite an awkward job, but not awfully difficult if you've had experience of car trim before. The light switch surround just pops out with the light switch module. The small piece of trim between the steering wheel surround and centre console just pulls off, get your fingers under it and prize it off. I do have a nice trim removal tool and I'd reccomend one to anyone, it made the job a lot easier. The strip below the passenger airbag was a complete pain, mainly for accessibility, I have a really bad back and found it hard to get down on the floor.

You have to drop the glovebox and surrounding trim to gain access to the strip and there's three torx bits, and speedclips holding it in place, access is really tight behind the trim so you need small hands. Also, when you drop the glovebox make sure you don't let the weight of it hang on the cables going into it, as they're for the airbag switch and it could mess the whole system up costing big bucks!

http://E:\BlackBerry\pictures\IMG00068-20110501-1010.jpg[/img],

http://E:\BlackBerry\pictures\IMG00067-20110501-1010.jpg[/img],

http://E:\BlackBerry\pictures\IMG00066-20110501-1010.jpg[/img],

Hi guys! i hope this works!!

Im a newbie on here and dont know how to post pics!! so ive winged it!! lol

Hope u can see them!!

Cheers Ian.

some pics from puppydog/Ian! Looking good, seems like the white is a good choice, I like the way it picks out the white dials. I think Skoda should have done a bit more on the dash of the Mk1!

IMG00068-20110501-1010.jpg

IMG00067-20110501-1010.jpg

IMG00066-20110501-1010.jpg

Cheers buddy!! I think it looks good!! Its just its too white against the old interior!! Need to give it a bloody good clean i think!! :giggle:

Thanks again for posting the pics for me!! :)

Cheers Ian

Hi mate, I'll take a nice macro shot for you tomorrow. It's a really nice 3D weave. Catches the light well and at night looks fab cos of the W8 light shining on it from the top down!