First RS , a few questions.....

Hello to everyone!

After many years of fancying an RS, I finally bit the bullet and purchased an 03 from a trader last week. First impressions are brilliant.

Unfortunately no owners manual so the search begins for one of those.....

I was informed that the previous owner had modified the car, chipped and exhaust up to 225bhp but can not confirm this. AllIi know is there is a deep rumble from the exhaust and on hard acceleration there is a very loud noise from the exhaust (Almost a screech) which I don't find that pleasant! How do i find out what mods have been made? I am 41 and a loud exhaust isn't for me..........

The only other faults I have noticed are a slightly low idle and it drops before coming back up and settling, twice its cut out when stopped.

Any members up in Leicestershire?

Guest westallc

get it to your local tuner and get him to have a good look at it check whats been done and what parts were used

local tuner hr rate prob £40 and that will be your best £40 spent as he can give the car a full health check and advise you from there

have fun

also as for idle could be MAF or just take the throttle body off and give it a good clean with carb cleaner,there known to act up on these..

That's brilliant, thanks guys will give them a bell. I've also noticed a couple of times the last few days that I've had a loss of power when accelerating (turbo) then it's stalled when stopped. Restarted it and powers up again! Is this going to be a long saga trying to sort or a simple thing do you think? I know nothing about mag and throttle bodies. Hopefully r tech will have an idea.....

did the throttle body today (thanks to the wonderful guide above) and although only nipped to shops, no stalling or lack of turbo so let's hope that's cracked it. Left an email with Rtech as could not connect to their phone number today for some reason.

did the throttle body today (thanks to the wonderful guide above) and although only nipped to shops, no stalling or lack of turbo so let's hope that's cracked it. Left an email with Rtech as could not connect to their phone number today for some reason.

Can be deceiving these faults, take it for a longer drive and work the car to see if its sorted.