Bonnet Release Cable

Big A

Can anyone tell me if the circled area in the photo below is the bonnet release cable? If anyone has better pics showing the route of the cable in the engine bay, it would be very much appreciated.

engine2.jpg

Many thanks

Edited by Big A

Just answered your PM :thumbup:

Cheers :) Would like to try and get to it without having to spend any money on it, I won't have it defeat me :rofl:

Is there anyone with a pic of where the cable is visible as it runs along the wing in the engine bay or can advise whereabouts it can be seen in the bay, other than at the release catch?

I'll try to get some photos for you ASAP as per PM :yes:

Cheers Andrew :thumbup:

Also bear in mind you cannot open the bonnet by pulling on the outer part of the cable, you have to get to the release latch itself.

Thanks for the pic, much appreciated :thumbup: Will giving it a tug not release the wee lever through the grille?

No, you have to get to the inner bowden part of the cable, or the latch lever the cable is fixed to on the bonnet lock assembly. It's not easy, as it's a security feature. An auto locksmith would get your door open in two minutes using a mini air ball.

Bugger, that doesn't sound like its gonna be easy. Would the mini air ball still work though if its deadlocked?

Yes they 'jack' the door frame and then use an inflation device to get at the release. You would be amazed how much they can do with no damage to the door frame.