Scoda Octavia I

Hello again my fellow Skoda fans, have a bit of a problem?

Just this morning, when parking up, I realised my handbrake was...(what can you call it)...KNACKERED!

I pushed in the button, liften the handbrake to the top and nothing happened, well, the handbrake itself rose to an incredible angle, one which ive never seen before, it was practically pointing at the ceiling.

Anyway, when I lift it without the button pushed in (Just to see if it works that way), it still makes the 'clicking' noise, but its almost like it doesnt 'grip'.

Now as you will all know from my previous posts, my car knowledge is awful, in fact its non-existant. So any help is greatly appreciated.

Does it appear to be a new handbrake I'll need? Or is it needing tightened? Perhaps a cable snapped?

Are the above 3 expensive repair jobs?

Sounds like the cable has snapped.

Shouldn't be too much to fix. There are 3 cables altogether - One from each caliper to a joint under the lever, and one from that joint to the lever ratchet.

Hopefully it will only be one cable which has snapped. Not expensive, maybe about £15 from skoda.