Replacement sump required

After six years of trouble free Vrs driving I've had my first 'incident'. Due to the bad weather we've had there have been some really bad potholes developing and I managed to hit a rather large one, grounding the car. I pulled over, had a quick check underneath and saw nothing amiss....until the morning when I was greeted by a puddle of oil :(. Upon closer inspection the sump has a hairline 'groove' next to the sump plug resulting in a very slow drip.

So I took it to the local garage who quoted £200 to repair the sump (aluminium weld) with replacement oil etc. However looking online I can get a new one which I would feel more comfortable about for £50. Problem is there are two types for the VRS and as my car is in the garage not on my drive I'm unsure which one to order as I can't check.

My link

So my question is - With or without sender hole? I suspect it's with but wanna be sure before I order.

Its a mk1 2004 Vrs (AUQ).

After six years of trouble free Vrs driving I've had my first 'incident'. Due to the bad weather we've had there have been some really bad potholes developing and I managed to hit a rather large one, grounding the car. I pulled over, had a quick check underneath and saw nothing amiss....until the morning when I was greeted by a puddle of oil :(. Upon closer inspection the sump has a hairline 'groove' next to the sump plug resulting in a very slow drip.

So I took it to the local garage who quoted £200 to repair the sump (aluminium weld) with replacement oil etc. However looking online I can get a new one which I would feel more comfortable about for £50. Problem is there are two types for the VRS and as my car is in the garage not on my drive I'm unsure which one to order as I can't check.

My link

So my question is - With or without sender hole? I suspect it's with but wanna be sure before I order.

Its a mk1 2004 Vrs (AUQ).

Hi there, bad luck on the cracked sump.

If it is a std one to replace yours then from your link you need the second one(with sensor hole) as the VRS has that on it.

I will be getting a shallow sump later on as my motor is lowered quite a bit.

I have no means to get it home from the garage now without filling it back up with oil so by the time I've paid for that I may as well pay 1hrs labour and get him to fit the new one. I've got a haynes manual for the standard octy so I can't imagine it would be much different for a vrs. I would however like your guide too m8 if possible. Is it posted here?

Thx

Guest westallc

new sump from skoda is £50 ish

while changing the sump get them to replace the pickup pipe £8 from skoda a must imo while sump is off